Services for Students
The following instructional services are available for students.
One-on-One Research Help
Reference Librarians are available at the Reference Desk during most hours the Library is open to assist students with their information and research needs. You can also call the reference desk at (310) 243-3715 for assistance from a distance.
We are here to help, and will:
- Help students locate, select and use Library materials in all formats to complete their assignments.
- Offer instruction in searching CSUDH's online databases and the World Wide Web.
- Offer help when connecting to our online databases from off-campus.
Copies of printed handouts (such as the University Library Guide) are available at the Reference Desk. They can also be downloaded online and printed elsewhere at your convenience.
- general and course-specific research guides on a wide variety of disciplines.
- CSUDH Internet Subject Guide, an annotated collection of Internet resources selected especially for CSUDH users.
Online Guides and Tutorials
The library maintains a number of online tutorials and guides for common library tasks and services. Several of these are listed below, but for a full list please visit our Help & Information section
- How to find Articles in the Online Databases
- How to Use the Library Catalogue to Find a Book
- How to Find a Specific Journal Online or in Print