The following instructional services are available for faculty:
Faculty may request a lecture or workshop tailored to meet the needs of any scheduled class in any course or discipline. Such presentations may include any or all of the following:
- library orientation and basic research skills (such as using the Library Catalog (OPAC) and working with traditional print materials).
- Searching specific online databases, or those in a specific field.
- Using the Internet as part of the scholarly research process.
You can request formal lectures / workshops for scheduled courses by filling out the Instruction Request Form or by contacting Caroline Bordinaro.
Learn how to infuse Information Literacy concepts into assignments. Contact Caroline Bordinaro for an introduction and materials to guide faculty through the process.
Contact Caroline Bordinaro to arrange a brief tour of the library for your class.
Faculty may also request one-on-one or group assistance in using electronic databases in their own research and teaching; contact Caroline Bordinaro to schedule an appointment with a Reference Librarian.
Copies of printed handouts are available at the Reference Desk and for download online.
- general and course-specific research guides on a wide variety of disciplines.
- CSUDH Internet Subject Guide, an annotated collection of Internet resources selected especially for CSUDH users.