Barbara R. Chrispin, Ph.D.
Title: Emeritus Professor, Management
Department: Management and Marketing
Office: SBS D-326
Phone Extension: x3584
Email Username: bchrispin
Publications and Delivered Papers
- (with Elizabeth Johnson) “Prison Reform Requires Changes in Authority,” American Federation of State, County and Municipal Employees, Vol. 24, Issue 3, August 2007, pp. 1-2.
- (with Jim Katzenstein) “Integrating Technology into the Medical Environment of a Developing African Country,” Human-Computer Interaction (4) 2007: 468-473.
- (with Jim Katzenstein) “The Effect of Cultural Diversity on the Design of a Telemedicine System in Tanzania,” in The International Journal of Diversity in Organizations, Communities & Nations, Vol. 5, No. 4, pp. 22-28.
- (with Jim Katzenstein) “Designing a Telemedicine System in Tanzania: a sociotechnical systems approach,” in Human and Organizational Dynamics in E-Health, D. Bangert and R. Doctor (Eds.), Oxford: Radcliffe Publ., 2005.
- “Human Factors in Telehealth/Telemedicine Systems,” paper presented to the Conference on Telemedicine, Mizoram, India, Sept. 22-24, 2003.
- “The Role of Culture in Managing the Overseas Assignment,” paper presented to the International Faculty Partnership Conference, Blaubeuren, Germany, June 24 – 29, 2001.
- (with Dorothy Fisher and Steve Fisher) “How E-Commerce is Reshaping our Business Models and Coordinating Structures: Implications for Managerial Practice,” Proceedings, Western Decision Sciences Institute, April 18-22, 2000.
- with Dorothy Fisher and Steve Fisher) “An E-Commerce SWOT Analysis,” Proceedings, American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, February 17-21, 2000.
- (with Jim Katzenstein) ) “The Impact of Information Technology on the Culture and Social System of Organizations,” Proceedings, Western Decision Sciences Institute, Puerto Vallarta, Mexico, April 6-10, 1999.
- (with Jim Katzenstein “The Networking Enterprise: Changing the Organization's Mental and Technical Software,” Proceedings, American Society of Business and Behavioral Sciences, Las Vegas, Nevada, Feb. 18-23, 1999.
- (with Dorothy Fisher) “Managing Telecommuters: An Out-Of-Bounds Experience,” Proceedings, Western Decision Sciences Institute. Kona, Hawaii, March 1997.
- “Managing the Workforce to Meet the Needs of a New Business Environment,” Proceedings, Academy of Business Administration International Conference, Athens, Greece, July 1996.
- “Improving Performance in the Brazilian Workplace,” Proceedings, International Academy of Business Administration International Conference, London, England, June 1995.
- "Developing Effective Cross-Cultural Training and Development Programs," Middle East Advisory Group (MEAG), Cairo, Egypt, May 27, 1994.
- Employment and Manpower Development in the Maquiladora Industry: Reaching Maturity, in The Maquiladora Industry: Economic Solution or Problem?, Khosrow Fatemi (Ed), New York: Praeger Publ. Co., Chap. 5, 1990.
- "Maquiladora and Manpower Development in the Border Region," North American Economic and Finance Association, 6th International Congress, Mexico City, Mexico, Aug 7 - 9, 1990.
- "Production-Sharing in Mexic Trends in Employment and Manpower Development," Southwest Federation of Administrative Disciplines, New Orleans, LA, Mar. 8-10, 1989.
- Manpower Development in the Maquiladora Industry: Fact or Fiction? in U.S.- Mexican Economic Relations: Prospects and Problems, Khosrow Fatemi (Ed) New York: Praeger Publ. Co., Chap. 9, June 1988.
- "Social Responsibility in the Maquiladora Industry: Social and Labor Impacts," Pacific Coast Council on Latin American Studies, Tempe, AZ, Oct. 8-11, 1987.
- Manpower Development in Maquiladora Industry: Fact or Fiction? Proceedings, International Symposium on North American Economies in the 1990s, Institute for International Trade, Laredo State University, Laredo, TX, Apr. 1987.
- "A View of the Maquiladora Industry from a Human Resource Management Perspective," Annual Conference of the Western Social Science Association, El Paso, TX, Apr. 22-25, 1987.
- Contributor, The Development and Implementation of an International Business Concentration with a Pacific Basin Focus, Final Report, CSUDH, 1985.
- "University Programs for Preparing the Global Manager: Which is the Better Approach?" Western Academy of Management, Vancouver, BC, Apr. 11-14, 1984.
- (co-author) California Shared Work Unemployment Insurance, Final Report. California Employment Development Department, Sacramento, CA 1983.
- An Abbreviated Labor Market Survey for the Carson/Lomita/Torrance Consortium under the Job Training Partnership Act. Final Report, City of Torrance, Torrance, CA, 1983.
- "Work Sharing vs Layoffs: What are the Benefits?" Western Academy of Management, Santa Barbara, CA, Mar. 25-26, 1983.
- (With Fred Best, Project Director et al.) The California Work Sharing UI Program, Interim Evaluation Report, Shared Work Evaluation Unit, California Employment Development Department, Sacramento, CA, 94814, 1982.
- "The Impact of Work Sharing Unemployment Insurance in Firms," Western Academy of Management, Colorado Springs, CO, Apr. 1-3, 1982.
- "Work Sharing Unemployment Insurance: Impact on Firms," First National Conference - Work Sharing UI, San Francisco, CA, May 14-16, 1981.
- Social and Behavioral Science Majors, Monograph, California State University, Dominguez Hills, CA, 1979.
- (Co-Editor) The Small College: Three Years of Planned Change in a State College Setting, Final Report, Division of Institutional and New Program Development, California State University, Dominguez Hills, Carson, CA, 1975.
- The Impact of Company Training Programs on Reducing the Alienation of the Hard-Core Unemployed, in Abstracts of Seven Doctoral Dissertations Completed under Manpower Grants, L. Klein (ed.), Manpower Research Monograph No. 34, USDOL, 1975.
- The Impact of Company Training Programs on Reducing the Alienation of the Hard-Core Unemployed, published dissertation, Report No. DLMA 91-05079-28-1, Department of Labor, Manpower Administration, 1971.
- (With Fielstra, C. F.) Phase I of the Secondary School Project for An Introduction to the Allied Health Professions, Evaluation Report, UCLA, Division of Vocational Education, September 1972.
- (With Fielstra, C. F.) Evaluation Study Design, Phase I of the Secondary School of Project for an Introduction to the Allied Health Professions, Report, UCLA, Division of Vocational Education, February 1971.
- (With Cogswell, J.F., Estavan, D.P., and C.P. Donahue, Jr.) The Design of a Man-Machine Counseling System. Programmed Learning, London, England, January 1968, pp. 43-52.
- (With Cogswell, J.F., Estavan, D.P., and C.P. Donahue, Jr.) Exploratory Study of Information Processing Procedures and Computer-Based Technology in Vocational Counseling, SDC Document TM-3718 , October 26, 1967, 256 pp.
- An Ethical and Moral Analysis of the Design for a Man-Machine Counseling System: Reactions by a UCLA Graduate Class in Counseling, SDC Document SP-2874 , June, 1967.
- (With Cogswell, J.F., Estavan, D.P., and C.P. Donahue, Jr.) The Design of a Man-Machine Counseling System, SDC Document SP-2576/001/01 , 1967.
- Curricula Content for Six Technologies, Champaign, Illinois: University Press, 1965, Chapter 8.
- The Effects of Programmed Instruction on Attitude and Achievement, Report, Board of Vocational Education and Rehabilitation, Springfield, Illinois, 1965.
- Curricula Content for Technical Education, Final Report, Cooperative Research Project 2048, University of Illinois, 1964, Chapter 7.
- (With W.J. Schill) "The Role of Training in Man-Machines", Training Directors Journal, April 1964, pp. 39-44.