Thomas J. Norman, Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor of Management
Department: Management & Marketing
Office: SBS A-309
Phone Extension: x2146
Email Username: tnorman
- “Successfully Teaching Large Online Classes: Who, What, Why and How?” [with Cynthia
Ozeki and Kimberly Perttula] at 12thCSU Regional Symposium on University Teaching, California Polytechnic- San Luis Obispo.
- “Student Engagement Strategies in Online Programs” [with Natasa Christodoulidou and Melissa St. James] at the Western Decision Sciences Annual Meeting, Kauai, April, 2009.
- “Engaging Students with Menus in Management Classes” presented at the 11th CSU Regional Symposium on University Teaching, California Polytechnic- Pomona, April 2008.
- “Two Tools for Engaging Student Learning: Using Experiments and Menus in HRIR Classes” at the Fifth Annual Teaching in HRIR Conference, Minneapolis , April, 2007.
- “Engaging Students with Menus in Management Classes” at the American Institute of Higher Education Annual Meeting, March, 2007.
- “Arbitrator rulings in employee discharge and discipline cases: A multinomial analysis of wins, losses and splits” at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting , Philadelphia , August, 2007.
- “Outsourcing Human Resources: The Impact on Employee Satisfaction and Retention” at the Labor and Employment Relations Association Annual Meeting, Chicago , January 2007.
- "Global Outsourcing of Services: A panel data exploration of North American trade" at the Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Atlanta, August 2006.
- "Global Services, Outsourcing in North America: Determinants of Offshoring Locations and the Impact of U.S. and Canadian Labor Markets" at the Western Economic Association International Annual Meeting, San Diego , July 2006.
- "Global Outsourcing of Services" at the Academy of International Business Annual Meeting, Beijing, June 2006.
- "Global Outsourcing: Comparing the British and the U.S. Experiences" presented at the Labor and Employment Relations Association Annual Meeting, Boston, January 2006.
- "Determinants of U.S. Offshoring in the Services Sector" at the Global, Business and Technology Association Annual Meeting, Lisbon , Portugal, July 2005.
- "Comparative Analysis of Offshoring by Firms in Selected Countries." at International Employment Relations Association Annual Meeting in Aalborg, Denmark , June 2005.