David Nishioka, Ph.D.
Title: Director, Title V Gateways Math-Science Project
Department: Center for Learning & Academic Support Services (CLASS)
Office: SCC 11
Phone Extension: x3305
Email Username: dnishioka
- 2004-2009 Department of Education (No. P031S040023): Opening Academic Gateways to Science and Technical Professions for Hispanic Students. $3,171,209.
- 1998-2002 National Institutes of Health (No. CA-67760): Telomerase Inhibitors in Cancer Therapy: Sea Urchin Embryo Model. Supplemental Grant. $130,000.
- 1996-1997 Cancer Therapy and Research Center/Sanofi Pharmaceutical Company: Biological Effects of Telomerase Inhibitors on Normal Cells: Sea Urchin Embryo Model. $8,000.
- 1989-1993 National Institutes of Health (No. HD-19054): The Sperm Surface in Spermatogenesis and Fertilization. $394,781.
- 1986-1987 National Science Foundation (No. DMB 85-15545): Purchase of a Photomicroscope (Equipment Grant). $37,000.
- 1984-1989 National Institutes of Health (No. HD-19054): Nucleo-Cytoplasmic Interactions in Eggs and Oocytes. $268,000.
- 1980-1983 National Science Foundation (No. PCM 79-23487): The Effects of Intracellular pH on the Synthesis of DNA in Fertilized Sea Urchin Eggs. $176, 000.