David Nishioka, Ph.D.
Title: Director, Title V Gateways Math-Science Project
Department: Center for Learning & Academic Support Services (CLASS)
Office: SCC 11
Phone Extension: x3305
Email Username: dnishioka
- Invited Adjunct Professor, Graduate Developmental Biology Program, Lusofona University, Lisbon, Portugal. 1998-2002.
- Visiting Investigator, John F. Kennedy Space Center, Cape Canaveral, Florida. Preparation of experiments determining the effects of microgravity on sea urchin fertilization and development aboard the Space Shuttle Endeavour, 1995-1996.
- Visiting Investigator, Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, 1994 Sabbatical Leave.
- Invited Speaker, 5th Annual California State University Biotechnology Symposium, Pomona, CA, 1993.
- Co-Organizer, 49th Annual Symposium of the Society for Developmental Biology, Georgetown University, Washington, DC 1990.
- Invited Speaker, Joint Meeting of the American Society for Cell Biology and the American Society for Biochemistry and Molecular Biology, Teacher Program, San Francisco, CA, 1989.
- Consultant, Smithsonian World Television Segment on Genetic Engineering, 1988.
- Consultant, Fuisz Pharmaceuticals, Ltd., 1988.
- Visiting Investigator, Division of Biology, California Institute of Technology, and Scripps Institution of Oceanography, University of California, San Diego, 1986-1987 Sabbatical Year.
- Member, Local Network of the Legislative Alert Committee, American Society for Cell Biology, 1985-2002.
- Invited Speaker/Moderator, First International Congress of Comparative Physiology and Biochemistry, Symposium on the Exchange of Organic Substances between Animal Organisms and Their Environment, Liege, Belgium, 1984.
- Invited Speaker, Gordon Research Conference on Fertilization and the Activation of Development, 1977, 1983.
- Organizer, Symposium on Cellular and Molecular Aspects of Fertilization and Early Embryonic Development. Journal of the Washington Academy of Sciences, 1982.
- Invited Lecturer/Instructor, OAS/UNESCO postgraduate course entitled: Fertilization: Cellular and Molecular Aspects, University of Concepcion, Chile, 1981.
- Invited Lecturer, Summer Course in Cellular and Developmental Biology, Stanford University, Hopkins Marine Station, 1978, 1981.
- Consultant to the National Zoo, 1979.