Matt G. Mutchler, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor, Sociology
Office: SBS B-332
Phone Extension: x3274
Email Username: mmutchler
Show All Refereed Jounral Articles and Chapters Scholarly and Commissioned Publications Published Teaching Materials Selected Scholarly Publications Selected Community Presentations of Scholarly Materials Grants Awarded Awards and Honors
Selected Community Presentations of Scholarly Materials
- Mutchler, M.G.; McKay, T,; Liu, H.; Candelario, N.; Stackhouse, B.; Bingham, T.; George, S.; Ayala, G. 2008. “Sex-drugs, community, and HIV: African American, Latino, and Multiracial young men who have sex with men (YMSM) in Los Angeles and New York.”. Presented at a forum by Mutchler, M.G.; Belzer, M.; Bingham, T.; Harawa, N.; & Kipke, M. ‘Challenges, Risks, and Opportunities Facing Young Gay and Bisexual Men of Color.’ Invited Presentation at the 2008 Institute for Community Health Research Forum, California Endowment. March, 2008.
- Mutchler, M.G. ‘Adolescent Sexual Development and Identity.’ Presented at the 2006 Y.O.U.T.H. HIV Prevention Conference, Children’s Hospital Los Angeles. September, 2006.
- Mutchler, M.G. & Gutierrez, J. ‘The Gay Boy Talk Study.’ Presented at the UCLA/RAND Center for Adolescent Health Promotion, September, 2006.
- Mutchler, M.G. ‘Evaluating a Collaborative HIV Prevention Program.’ Presented at the UCLA School of Nursing Center for Vulnerable Populations Research Interactive Workshop and Discussion, “Let’s talk about Community-Based Participatory Research (CBPR)’; October, 2005.
- Cadabes, C.; Colemon, L., Mutchler, M.G.; & Hebert, P. 'The Commercial Sex Venue Initiative (CSVI): A Community Collaboration for HIV and STD Prevention for Men who have Sex with Men in Bathhouses and Sex Clubs in Los Angeles.' Presented at the Prevention Planning Committee of the Los Angeles County Office of AIDS Programs and Policy; May, 2004.
- Mutchler, M.G. “Doing Applied Sociology in a Community-Based Setting: Using Research Skills to Inform Services at AIDS Project Los Angeles.” Invited Key Speaker at University of Southern California Symposium; May, 2003.
- Mutchler, M.G. “The Importance of Doing Evaluation.” Invited Presentation to the Positive Images Consortium Director’s Meeting; April, 2003.
- Mutchler, M.G. “POWER Program: Evaluation Challenges and Successes.” Invited Speaker at the California HIV Planning Group, Prevention with Positives Task Force; February, 2003.
- Mutchler, M.G. “Evaluation and Lessons Learned from the WeHo Life Project.” Invited Presentation to the West Hollywood Human Services Commission; December, 2002.
- Mutchler, M.G. “Gay-Boy Talk: Stopping the Waves of HIV Infections among Young Gay Men.” Invited Oral Presentation at Prototypes; October, 2002.
- Mutchler, M.G.; Chion, M.; & Karsters, C. “HIV Prevention Social Marketing Efforts in Los Angeles County: Lessons Learned from Three Funded Projects.” Invited Oral Presentation for the Los Angeles HIV Research & Community Colloquia Series sponsored by University of California, Los Angeles AIDS Institute, CHIPTS, and Los Angeles County HIV Prevention & Planning Committee; October, 2002.