Matt G. Mutchler, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor, Sociology
Office: SBS B-332
Phone Extension: x3274
Email Username: mmutchler
Show All Refereed Jounral Articles and Chapters Scholarly and Commissioned Publications Published Teaching Materials Selected Scholarly Publications Selected Community Presentations of Scholarly Materials Grants Awarded Awards and Honors
Refereed Jounral Articles and Chapters
- Mutchler, M.G.; Mckay, T.; Candelario, N.; Liu, H.; Stackhouse, B.; & Ayala, G. (Manuscript Under Preparation). Sex, drugs, and HIV: Correlates of condom use among young African-American, Latino, and multiracial men who have sex with men in Los Angeles and New york. AIDS.
- Mutchler, M.G.; Bogart, L.; McKay, T.; Elliot, M., Suttorp, M. & Schuster, M. In Press. "Psychosocial Correlates of Unprotected Sex without Disclosure of HIV-Positivity among African-American, Latino, and White Men Who Have Sex with Men and Women.” Archives of Sexual Behavior. 37: 736-747
- Mutchler, M.G.; Ayala, G.; & Neith, K. 2005. “Safer Sex Stories Told by Young Gay Men: Building on Resiliency Through Gay-Boy Talk.” Journal of Gay & Lesbian Issues in Education, Vol. 2(3): 37-50.
- Herman, L. & Mutchler, M.G. 2004. "HIV and Violence: An agency-based investigation of behavioral patterns associated with clients experiencing current or past violence." Journal of HIV/AIDS & Social Services, Vol. 3(3): 97-104 .
- Mutchler, M.G. 2004. "Money Boys in Thailand: Sex, Work, and Stigma During the XV International AIDS Conference." Journal of HIV/AIDS Prevention in Children & Youth,Vol. 6(1):121-128..
- Mutchler, M.G.; Ayala, G.; Hebert, P.; & Fernandez, R. 2004. “Gay-boy Talk: Discourse for Stopping HIV Infections Among Young Gay Men.” SIECUS Report.Vol. 32, No. 1, Winter.
- Mutchler, M.G.; Klosinski, L.E.; Chion, M.; Bingham, T.; Jenkins, R.A. & Secura, G. 2003. “Comparing Sexual Behavioral Patterns Between Two Bathhouses: Implications for HIV Prevention Intervention Policy.” Journal of Homosexuality, Vol. 44, #3/4: 221-242.
- Mutchler, M.G.; Klosinski, L.E.; Chion, M.; Bingham, T.; Jenkins, R.A. & Secura, G. 2003. “Comparing Sexual Behavioral Patterns Between Two Bathhouses: Implications for HIV Prevention Intervention Policy.” In Gay Bathhouses and Public Health Policy. New York: Harrington Park Press.
- Mutchler, M.G. 2002. “Will It Be Silence and Violence or Safety and Prevention for the Next Generation of Gay Youth?” International Journal of Sexuality and Gender Studies.Volume 7, Number 1: 23-38.
- Mutchler, M.G. 2000. “Young Gay Men’s Stories in the States: Scripts, Sex, and Safety in the Time of AIDS.” Sexualities. Vol 3(1): 31-54.
- Mutchler, M.G. 2000. “Making Space for Safer Sex.” AIDS Education and Prevention.Vol 12(1): 1-14.
- Mutchler, M.G. 2000. “Seeking Sexual Lives: Gay Youth and Masculinity Tensions.” Gay Men and Masculinities edited by Peter R. Nardi. Sage Publications: Thousand Oaks.