Hedy Moscovici, Ph.D.
Title: . Professor, Teacher Education & Director, Center for Science Teacher Education
Department: Teacher Education
Office: COE 1469; SAC 3149
Phone Extension: x3914
Email Username: hmoscovici
- Co-I with Dr. Joe Braun for four Boeing grants to support the Center for Science Teacher Education for three years 2004-2007 (3 X $40,000 = $120,000 total)
- Co-I for California Math and Science Partnership with LAUSD for years 2003-2006 (about $150,000)
- Lead Person for the Science Team for the Quality Educator Development grant (QED) at CSUDH for 2004-2009 (close to $1 million/year for 5 years)
- Part of Immersion Task Force for System-wide Change for All Learners and Educators (SCALE) grant – NSF Math and Science Comprehensive grant for years 2002-2007 (about $7 million/year for 5 years)
- Co-I for a Mathematics and Science Partnership grant – Community Collaboration to Enhance Learning in Science and Math – from NSF for $10,602, 985 for five years (rejected – to be resubmitted).
- PI for the Supplement to the Los Angeles Systemic Initiative – Science for $152,671
- PI for a “Strengthening the Strategic Workforce Funds” for $56,000.
- PI for NOVA grant to improve laboratory experiences of prospective teachers, $3,200.
- PI for CASIO grant as equipment (probe collectors and graphic calculators) - approx. $2,000.
- Co-PI for an Eisenhower grant (Teacher Enhancement) entitled Washington Earth Science Initiative. Granted $37,000.
- "Project Development Program" grant from WWU for the summer of 1996. The purpose of this grant was to provide conditions for a team to develop a grant proposal on teacher enhancement (earth science/environmental science in the light of inquiry teaching and learning) for the National Science Foundation
- Summer Research/Creative Activity Grant from Western Washington University for $3,500 for summer 1995. The topic: Use of innovative learning techniques and alternative assessment strategies in large undergraduate "lecture" classes.