Terrence P. McGlynn, Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor of Biology
Office: NSM A-139
Phone Extension: x1077
Email Username: tmcglynn
Show All Publications Invited Workshops and Research Honors Invited Symposium Presentations Conference Presentations Extramural Grants and Awards Honors and Awards Intramural Grants and Awards Invited Seminar Presentations International and National Service Symposia Organized Professional Affiliations
Extramural Grants and Awards
- PI, “Curriculum Partnership Award for the Integration of Research into Undergraduate Education at CSU Dominguez Hills,”National Aeronautic and Space Administration, $449,000, pending.
- Co-PI, Noyce Master Teacher Fellowship Initiative at California State University DominguezHills,” National Science Foundation, $2,998,669, pending.
- PI, June 2009- May 2012, “International Research Experiences for Students: Tropical EcologyMentorship Program of Southern California,” National Science Foundation, OISE –0854259, $150,677.
- PI, 2008, “Tropical field ecology research experiences for two K-12 teachers in the Los AngelesArea” Supplement to OISE-0749047, $19,800
- PI, 2005-2009, “International Research Experiences for Students: Tropical Ecology MentorshipProgram of Southern California,” National Science Foundation Grant No. OISE-0526551,$49,354; OISE-0749047, $34,138. (transfer of award 0526551)
- Co-PI, 2005-2009 “Complex interactions among water, nutrients and carbon stocks and fluxesacross a natural fertility gradient in tropical rain forest,” National Science Foundation Grant No.EAR-0421178, $101,979 to TPM
- PI, 2007-2008, “International Research Experiences for Students: Tropical Ecology Mentorship Program of Southern California ,” National Science Foundation Grant No. OISE-0749047, $34,138. (transfer of award 0526551)
- PI, 2007-2008, “Edaphic and climatic determinants of ant biodiversity across western Australia ” National Geographic Society, $18,532.
- PI, 2004-2005, “Planning Visit to Australia : Collaborative study of detritus-based food webs.” National Science Foundation Grant No. OISE-0427481 $4,101.
- Co-PI, 2002-2004, AAAS/Merck collaborative biology and chemistry undergraduate research program, $10,000
- Environmental Institute of Houston , Postdoctoral Fellowship, 1999-2000, $28,000
- Donald and Beverly Stone Graduate Fellowship, 1997, $2,000
- Smithsonian Institution Short Term Visit Award, 1996, $450
- National Science Foundation Summer Institute in Japan , 1996, $8,000
- Andrew Mellon Foundation Research Exploration Award, 1996, $2,000
- Organization for Tropical Studies Research Grant, 1995, $270