Terrence P. McGlynn, Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor of Biology
Office: NSM A-139
Phone Extension: x1077
Email Username: tmcglynn
Show All Publications Invited Workshops and Research Honors Invited Symposium Presentations Conference Presentations Extramural Grants and Awards Honors and Awards Intramural Grants and Awards Invited Seminar Presentations International and National Service Symposia Organized Professional Affiliations
Invited Symposium Presentations
- McGlynn, T.P., D.A. Clark and S.F. Oberbauer 2009. Structure of a detritial food web: Relativeinfluence of biomass vs. nutrient inputs. Ecological Society of America Annual Meeting,Albuquerque (oral)
- Poirson, E.K, T.P. McGlynn and S.F. Oberbauer. 2008. The Role of litter decomposition, fertility,and litter-dwelling animals in the carbon cycle of a tropical rain forest. InternationalCongress of Entomology, Durban, South Africa (poster)
- McGlynn, T.P. 2008. Local gradients in stoichiometry and trophic level of an omnivorous ant.International Congress of Entomology, Durban, South Africa.
- McGlynn, T.P. 2004. The behavioral ecology of rainforest ants. Opportunities for Research in Behavioral Science Symposium I, San Diego .
- McGlynn, T.P. 2003. Ecology of invasive ants found in agroecosystems. Association of Integrated Pest Management Ecologists, San Luis Obispo , California , USA .
- McGlynn, T.P. 2002. Monitoring and response strategies for preventing and controlling ant invasions. Entomological Society of America National Meeting, Ft. Lauderdale , Florida , USA .
- McGlynn, T.P. 2002. An early warning system for social insect invasions. IUSSI International Congress, Sapporo , Japan .
- McGlynn, T.P. 2000. Human commensalism and ecological invasions of North American exotic ants. International Congress of Entomology, Iguassu Falls , Brazil .
- McGlynn, T.P. 1999. Food supplementation increases soldier proportion in Pheidole flavens . IUSSI International Congress, Adelaide , Australia .
- Schultz, T.R. and T. P. McGlynn. 1996. Interactions of ants with other organisms. Smithsonian Ants of the Leaf Litter Workshop, Ihleus , Brazil.