Thomas Landefeld, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Biology
Office: NSM B-104
Phone Extension: x3528
Email Username: tlandefeld
- Landefeld TD, Grimek HJ, and McShan WH: End Group and Carbohydrate Analysis of Equine LH. Biochem Biophys Res Comm 46:463 470, 1972.
- Landefeld TD, and McShan WH: Equine Luteinizing Hormone and Its Subunits. Isolation and Physicochemical Properties. Biochemistry 13:1389 1939, 1974.
- Landefeld TD, and McShan WH: Isolation and Characterization of Subunits from Equine Pituitary Follicle-Stimulating Hormone. J Biol Chem 249:3527 3531, 1974.
- Landefeld TD, Boguslawski S, Corash L, and Boime I: The Cell-Free Synthesis of the Alpha Subunit of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. Endocrinology 98:1220 1227, 1976.
- Landefeld TD, McWilliams DR, and Boime I: The Isolation of mRNA Encoding the Alpha Subunit of Human Chorionic Gonadotropin. Biochem Biophys Res Comm 72:381 390, 1976.
- Rathnam P, Fujiki Y, Landefeld TD, and Saxena BB: Isolation and Amino Acid Sequence of the ▀-Subunit of Follicle Stimulating Hormone from Equine Pituitary Glands. J Biol Chem 253:5355 5362, 1978.
- Daniels-McQueen S, McWilliams D, Birken S, Canfield R, Landefeld T, and Boime I: Identification of mRNAs Encoding the Alpha and Beta Subunits of Human Choriogonadotropin. J Biol Chem 253:7109 7114, 1978.
- Landefeld TD, Campbell KL, and Midgley AR, Jr.: Rapid Changes in the Synthesis of Specific Ovarian Granulosa Cell Proteins. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 76:5153 5157, 1979.
- Landefeld TD: Identification of In Vitro Synthesized Pituitary Glycoprotein Alpha Subunit: Translation of a Possible Precursor. J Biol Chem 254:3685 3688, 1979.
- Landefeld TD and Kepa J: The Cell Free Synthesis of Bovine Lutropin ▀-Subunit. Biochem Biophys Res Comm 90:1111 1118, 1979.
- Savoy-Moore RT, Landefeld TD, and Marshall JC: Hormonal Measurement in Rat Anterior Pituitary Cell Cultures: Loss of Immunoreactive LH Counteracted by Fetal Calf Serum and Bacitracin. Molec Cell Endocrinol 18:11 20, 1980.
- Campbell KL, Landefeld TD, and Midgley AR, Jr.: Differential Processing of Subunits of Human Gonadotropin by Granulosa Cells In Vivo. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 77:4793 4797, 1980.
- Campbell KL, Bagavandoss P, Byrne MD, Jonassen JA, Landefeld TD, Quasney MW, Sanders MM, and Midgley AR, Jr.: Differential Processing of the Two Subunits of Human Choriogonadotropin (HCG) by Granulosa Cells. II. In Vivo Studies. Endocrinology 109:1858 1871, 1981.
- Landefeld TD, Byrne MD, Campbell KL, and Midgley AR, Jr.: Differential Processing of the Two Subunits of Human Choriogonadotropin (HCG) by Granulosa Cells. I. Preparation and Characterization of Selectively Labeled Human Choriogonadotropin. Endocrinology 109:1851 1857, 1981.
- Landefeld TD, Kepa J, and Karsch FJ: Regulation of Alpha Subunit RNA by Gonadal Steroid Feedback in Sheep Anterior Pituitary. J Biol Chem 258:2390 2393, 1983.
- Landefeld TD, Kepa J, and Karsch FJ: Estradiol Feedback Effects on Alpha Subunit mRNA in the Sheep Pituitary Gland: Correlation with Serum and Pituitary LH Concentrations. Proc Natl Acad Sci USA 81:1322 1326, 1984.
- Landefeld TD, and Kepa J: Regulation of LH▀-Subunit mRNA in the Sheep Pituitary Gland during Different Feedback States of Estradiol. Biochem. Biophys. Res. Commun. 122:1307 1313, 1984.
- Landefeld TD, and Kepa J: Pituitary Alpha Subunit mRNA Amounts During the Sheep Estrous Cycle. Assessment by cDNA Hybridizations. J Biol Chem 259:12817 12820, 1984.
- Lloyd RV, Landefeld TD, Maslar I, and Frohman LA: Diethylstilboestrol Inhibits Tumor Growth and Prolactin Production in Rat Pituitary Tumor. Am J Pathol 118:379 386, 1985.
- Landefeld TD, Maurer R, and Kepa J: Luteinizing Hormone Beta Subunit mRNA Amounts Increase During the Preovulatory Surge in the Ewe: The Highest Levels are Observed at the Completion of the Peak. DNA 4:249 254, 1985.
- Landefeld TD, Kaynard A, and Kepa J: Pituitary Alpha Subunit mRNA Remains Elevated During the Latter Stages of the Preovulatory LH Surge. Endocrinology 117:934 938, 1985.
- Papavasiliou SS, Zmeili S, Khoury S, Landefeld TD, Chin WW, and Marshall JC: Gonadotropin Releasing Hormone Differentially Regulates Expression of the Alpha and Luteinizing Hormone Beta Subunit Genes in Male Rats. Proc Nat'l Acad Sci USA 83:4026 4029, 1986.
- Papavasiliou SS, Zmeili S, Herbon L, Marshall JC, and Landefeld TD: Alpha and LH Beta mRNA Quantitation in the Anterior Pituitary of Castrate Male Rats Using an Optimized RNA Dot Blot Hybridization Assay. Endocrinology 119:691 698, 1986.
- Lloyd RV, and Landefeld TD: The Identification of PRL mRNA in the Rat Pituitary Using In Situ Hybridization. Am J Path 125:35 44, 1986.
- Zmeili SM, Papavasiliou SS, Thorner MO, Evans WS, Marshall JC, and Landefeld TD: Alpha and Luteinizing Hormone Beta Subunit mRNAs During the Rat Estrous Cycle. Endocrinology 119:1867 1869, 1986.
- Leung K, Kim KE, Maurer RA, Negrini B, Kaynard A, and Landefeld TD: Differential Regulation of Gonadotropin Subunit mRNAs by GnRH Pulse Frequency in Ewes. Molec Endocrinol 1:724 728, 1987.
- Leung K, Kim KE, Maurer RA, and Landefeld TD: Divergent Changes in the Concentrations of Gonadotropin ▀-Subunit mRNAs During the Estrous Cycle of Sheep. Molec Endocrinol 2:272 276, 1988.
- Lloyd RV, Cano M, and Landefeld TD: The Effects of Estrogens on Tumor Growth and on Prolactin and Growth Hormone Messenger RNA Expression in Rat Pituitary Tissues. Am. J. Path. 133:397 406, 1988.
- Ortolano GA, Haisenleder DJ, Dalkin AC, Iliff-Seymore SA, Landefeld TD, Maurer RA, and Marshall JC: Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Beta Subunit Messenger Ribonucleic Acid Concentrations During the Rat Estrous Cycle. Endocrinology 123:2149 2151, 1988.
- Landefeld TD, Bagnell T, and Levitan I: Effects of Estradiol on Gonadotropin Subunit Messenger Ribonucleic Acid Amounts during an Induced Gonadotropin Surge in Anestrous Ewes. Mol Endocrinol 3:10 14, 1989.
- Haisenleder DJ, Ortolano GA, Landefeld TD, Zmeili SM, and Marshall JC: Prolactin mRNA Concentrations in 4-Day Cycling Rats and During the Prolactin Surge. Endocrinology 124:2023 2028, 1989.
- Landefeld TD, Ebling FJP, Suttie JM, Vannerson LA, Padmanabhan V, Beitins IZ, and Foster DL: Metabolic Interfaces between Growth and Reproduction: II. Characterization of Changes in Messenger Ribonucleic Acid Concentrations of Gonadotropin Subunits, Growth Hormone and Prolactin in Nutritionally Growth-Limited Lambs and the Differential Effects of Increased Nutrition. Endocrinology 125:351 356, 1989.
- Landefeld TD, and Suttie JM: Changes in Messenger Ribonucleic Acid Concentrations and Plasma Levels of Growth Hormone During the Ovine Estrous Cycle. Endocrinology 125:1474 1478, 1989.
- Song J, Long J, Chandler WF, England BG, Smart JB, Landefeld TD, and Lloyd RV: Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Regulates Gonadotropin Subunit and Chromogranin B mRNAs in Cultured Clinically Nonfunctioning Pituitary Adenomas. J Clin Endo Metab 71:622 630, 1990.
- Haisenleder DJ, Ortolano GA, Jolly D, Dalkin AC, Landefeld TD, Vale WW, and Marshall JC: Inhibin Secretion During the Rat Estrous Cycle: Relationships to FSH Secretion and FSH Beta Subunit mRNA Concentrations. Life Sciences 47:1769 1773, 1990.
- Landefeld TD, Roulia V, Bagnell T, Ballard T, and Levitan I: Changes in Prolactin Messenger Ribonucleic Acid Concentrations During the Ovine Estrous Cycle. Life Sciences 48:1179 1184, 1991.
- Kulig E, Landefeld TD, and Lloyd RV: The Effects of Estrogen on Prolactin Gene Methylation in Normal and Neoplastic Rat Pituitary Tissues. Am J Pathology 140:207-214, 1992.
- Padmanabhan V, Reno KM, Borondy M, Landefeld TD, Ebling FJP, Foster DL, and Beitins IZ: Effect of Nutritional Repletion on Pituitary and Serum Follicle-Stimulating Hormone Isoform Distribution in Growth-Retarded Lambs. Biol Reprod 46:964-971, 1992.
- Padmanabhan V, Mieher CD, Bonondy M, I'Anson H, Wood RI, Landefeld TD, Foster DL, and Beitins IZ: Circulating Bioactive FSH and Less Acidic FSH Isoforms During Experimental Induction of Puberty in the Female Lamb. Endocrinology. 131:213-220, 1992.
- Lloyd RV, Long J, Kulig E, Thiny MT, Fields K, Landefeld TD, and Camper SA: Pit-1/GHF-1 Transcription Factor Expression in Rodent Pituitaries. Endocrine Path 4:146-154, 1993.
- Padmanabhan V, Kletter GB, Levitan ID, Beitins IZ, Foster DL, and Landefeld TD: Differential Regulation of Gonadotropin Alpha and Beta Subunit mRNA concentrations and gonadotropin release during GnRH-Induced Puberty in the Female Lamb. Endocrine J 1:345-354, 1993.
- Padmanabhan V, Dalkin A, Yasin M, Haisenleder DJ, Marshall JC, and Landefeld TD: Are Immediate Early Genes Involved in GnRH Receptor Gene Regulation? Characterization of Changes in Gonadotropin-Releasing Hormone Receptor (GnRH-R), c-Fos and c-Jun mRNAs During the Ovine Estrous Cycle. Biol Reprod 53:263-269, 1995.