Matthew G. Jones
Title: Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Office: NSM A-120
Phone Extension: x2410
Email Username: mjones
Refereed Conference Presentations
- Jones, M.G., and Johnston, S. (April, 2008). Mathematics Faculty Learning to Engage Students: A Study of a Workshop on Effective Lesson Design. Proposal accepted for the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New York , NY , March 24-28, 2008 .
- Jones, M. G., and Schommer-Aikins, M. (April, 2008). Epistemological and Mathematical Beliefs of Students in a Culturally Diverse Institution. Proposal accepted for the Annual Meeting of the American Educational Research Association, New York , NY , March 24-28, 2008 .
- Jones, M. G. (January, 2008). Professional Development for Adjunct Mathematics Faculty: Professional Development through Structured Lesson Planning. Proposal accepted for Joint Meetings of the American Mathematical Society and Mathematical Association of America , San Diego , California , January 6-9, 2008 .
- Jones, M. G. (November, 2006). First-Year Impact of Intensive, Broadly-Focused Professional Development, California Mathematics Teacher Educators (CAMTE) strand of California Mathematics Council (CMC) conference, Palm Springs , CA .
- Jones, M. G. (November, 2005). Using a Summer Enrichment Program for Kids as a Site for Teacher Learning, California Educational Research Association Conference 2005, Long Beach , November 17, 2005.
- Jones, M. G. (November, 2005). Attending to the Language of Mathematics, National Council of Teachers of Mathematics (NCTM) Western Regional Meeting, Denver , November 11, 2005.
- Jones, M. G. (November, 2004). Problem Posing, With a Focus on Geometry and Measurement, Presentation to NCTM Southern Regional Meeting, New Orleans, November 4, 2004.
- Jones, M. G. (March, 2004). Moving Algebra Beyond Algebra Class: Infusing Algebraic Thinking. Los Angeles County Teachers of Mathematics Association Conference, Los Angeles, CA, March 6, 2004.
- Jones, M. G. (November, 2003). Moving Algebra Beyond Algebra Class: Infusing Algebraic Thinking. California Mathematics Council (CMC) Conference, Palm Springs, CA, November 7, 2003.