Matthew G. Jones
Title: Assistant Professor, Mathematics
Office: NSM A-120
Phone Extension: x2410
Email Username: mjones
- Jones, M. G. (In press). Pedagogical literature: What can be learned and where to begin? Accepted by PRIMUS , December 16, 2006.
- Jones, M. G. (In press). My students aren't motivated—What can I do? Accepted for Mathematics for All NCTM book series, July 14, 2007.
- Jones, M. G. (October, 2007) . Professional Development for Adjunct Mathematics Faculty: Professional Development through Structured Lesson Planning , contribution to the working group on mathematics teaching assistant development . In T. Lamberg & L. R. Wiest (Eds.), Twenty-Ninth Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME-NA) Annual Meeting, Lake Tahoe, Nevada, October 25-28, 2007.
- Jones, M. G. (May, 2007). Making a case for the scholarship of teaching and learning. Manuscript submitted to College Teaching .
- Jones, M. G. (May, 2007). Mathematics teachers' response to reform: Interactions of professional development elements and prior beliefs. Manuscript submitted to School Science and Mathematics .
- Jones, M. G. (2007). Lessons from a university-K-12 partnership: Five strategies for mathematics professional development. NCSM Journal of Mathematics Education Leadership, 9 (2), 5-6.
- Jones, M. G. (2006). Teachers' changes in the first year of mathematics professional development: Mathematical discourse , Proceedings of the Twenty-Eighth Annual Conference of the North American Chapter of the International Group for the Psychology of Mathematics Education (PME-NA) Annual Meeting, Merida, Yucatan, Mexico, November 9-12, 2006, Vol. 2, 699 .
- Jones, M. G. (2004). Regularity, Partial Elimination Ideals, and the Canonical Bundle. Proceedings of the AMS . 132(5), 1531-1541