Cynthia G. Johnson, MSN, RN, EdD
Title: Professor and Public Health Nurse Certificate Advisor, School of Nursing
Department: School of Nursing
Office: WH A-310E
Phone Extension: x2522
Email Username: cjohnson
Show All Publications in Learned Journals Publications (Newsletters) Selected Presentations (International) Selected Presentations (National) Selected Presentations (State) Selected Presentations (Local) Research Activities/Grant Grants Awarded (State) Grants Awarded (Local) Awards/Recognition/Honors (Peer Recognition) Awards/Recognition/Honors (Public Recognition)
Awards/Recognition/Honors (Public Recognition)
- 2005 - Achievement Award from the Executive Board of Citizens and Friends of Trinidad and Tobago for academic accomplishments and contributions to professional nursing in the United States and Trinidad and Tobago
- 2002 - Appointed by California Governor Gray Davis to the California Board of Registered Nursing as the only Nurse Educator on the nine-member policy and decision-making board
- 2002 - Letter of thanks from California Governor Davis for my work with the Office on Service and Volunteerism
- 2001 - Certificate of Appreciation for the generous support and contribution made to enrich the Lives of low-income families and elderly and disabled residents of South Central Los Angeles through housing and school repair and rehabilitation.
- 2001 - Letter of appreciation for my service as a Judge for the City of Carson Senior Citizens Advisory Commission’s Second Annual Senior Citizens Recognition Award. I reviewed and rated 37 essays according to its contents, criteria eligibility and a rating sheet.
- 2000 - Certificate of Appreciation from Carson 2000 Plus in recognition of my commitment and dedication to the families and youth in Carson.
- 2000 -Certificate of Achievement for preparing and performing with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Los Angeles Master Chorale: Member of the Gwen Wyatt Chorale
- 2000 - 1999 Award of Distinction from “The Communicator Awards” for the Division of Nursing Promotional Video
- 2000 - Certificate of Appreciation from Carson 2000 Plus in recognition of my commitment and dedication to the families and youth in Carson
- 2000 Certificate of Achievement for preparing and performing with the Los Angeles Philharmonic and the Los Angeles Master Chorale: Member of the Gwen Wyatt Chorale
- 1999 Plaque in appreciation as a keynote speaker, Southwest Missouri State College, Springfield, Missouri
- 1999 Interviewed by Radio Station KSMU, 91.2, Springfield Missouri - Advocating for Community- Based Health Care for the next millennium.
- 1999 Taped by Channel 33 for discussion on Advocating for Community-Based Health Care for the next Millennium.
- 1999 Certificate of Appreciation from Carson 2000 in recognition of my commitment and dedication to the children and families in Carson.
- 1997 Nominated for the Robert Wood Johnson Community Leadership Award
- 1997 Appointed to the 37th Congressional District’s Drug Task Force by Congresswoman Juanita Millender-McDonald
- 1997 Award from Carson 2000 for Contribution and Leadership as Chair of the Health Services and Education Taskforce.
- 1997 Certification of Appreciation from the 1996-1997 Los Angeles Chapter of the American Association of Critical Care Nurses (LA-AACN) for Leadership as President of LA- AACN, 1996,1997
- 1997 Certificate of Appreciation from the 1996-1997 LA-AACN) for Leadership as Program /Symposium Chair 1996-1997
- 1997 Cited in AACN News, April 1997 regarding participation on a National Creative Solutions Advisory Board responsible for guiding the development of a “Best Practice Network” for Healthcare.
- 1997 Cited in AACN News, July 1997 regarding participation in a National News Taskforce. The American Association of Critical Care Nurses Board of Directors appointed members.
- 1996 Awarded the Key to the City of Carson for Dedicated Community Service to Carson Residents
- 1996 Awarded a plaque from the City Council and Citizens of Carson for Vision, enthusiasm and collaborative Spirit as Project Director for Carson 2000 Community Health Needs Assessment.
- 1996 Accepted for the Research Training Course for Nurse Scientist by the National Institute of Nursing Research, National Institute of Health, Maryland
- 1995 Induction into Sigma theta Tau, Xi Theta Chapter
- 1995 Community Service Award - Chi Eta Phi Nursing Sorority
- 1995 Cited in Critical Care Nurse, April 1995 regarding issues in Advance Directives.
- 1995 Commendation from the Los Angeles City Council for Outstanding and Dedicated Service to the Los Angeles Community.
- 1995 Commendation from the County of Los Angeles for Dedicated Service to the Affairs of the Community.
- 1995 Commendation from the California State Assembly for Distinguished Leadership
- 1995 Commendation from the California State Senate for Outstanding Commitment and Achievement in Community Healthcare
- 1995 Commendation from the United States Congress for Outstanding Leadership in the Field of Healthcare
- 1995 Who's Who in American Nursing, Marquis Who's Who, 6th Edition, 1995.
- 1987 Certificate of Recognition for Contribution and Achievement in the Field of Writing, Marymount Manhattan College, New York NY
- 1986 Certificate of Recognition for Distinguished Leadership in the Field of Education, Marymount Manhattan College, New York, NY
- 1984 Who's Who in American Nursing, Society of Nursing Professionals, 1st Edition, 1984
- 1982 Ebony Magazine, Bright Job Prospects for the 90's, March 1982