Fumiko Hosokawa, Ph.D.
Title: Professor and Chair of Sociology
Office: SBS C-340
Phone Extension: x3482
Email Username: FHosokawa
- The Sansei: Social Interaction and Ethnic Identification Among the Third Generation Japanese. R & E Research Associates, San Francisco, Calif., 1978
- "Arranged Marriages," in Survey of Social Science: Sociology , Frank N. Magill, editor, Pasadena , CA : Salem Press, December 1994.
- "Stages in the Development of Individual Ethnic Identification," in New Directions in Ethnic Studies, David Claerbaut, editor, Saratoga, Calif., Century 21 Publishing Co., 1981, pp. 55-64
- "A Functional Theory of Ethnic Stereotypes," Humboldt Journal of Social Relations, V. 7:2, Fall, 1980.
- 1979 HEW, Office of Education Grant under the Ethnic Heritage Studies Program. Amount: $34,008. To develop faculty awareness in five ethnic communities, a directory of ethnic community agencies, and a manual on fieldwork in ethnic communities.
Awards and Honors
- 2002 Center for Teaching & Learning Travel Award to Present Research or Scholarly/Creative Project Results. ($500)
- 2002 Community Service Learning Curriculum Development Award ($3000)
- 1990 SBS Meritorious Performance and Professional Promise Award
- 1987 Educational Equity Award. (To develop gerontology curriculum)
- 1983 Affirmative Action Faculty Development Project Award.
- 1982 Affirmative Action Faculty Development Project Award.
- 1982 Professional Development Project Award.