Gilah Yelin Hirsch, MFA.
Title: Professor, Art
Office: LCH B106
Phone Extension: x3966
Email Username: ghirsch
Show All Sample Artwork Publications Solo Exhibitions Two-, three- and four-person exhibitions Group Exhibitions Professional Photography Public Lectures and Presentations Originator and Facilitator of Seminars, Workshops, and Conferences Membership in Juries, Civic, and Executive Bodies Awards, Grants and Honors
- 2011 - Collections of Foreign Studies on Shamanism, “Artist as Shaman – Conjuring Healing: Imagery, Bio-theology, Health & Right Action, Chinese translation, chief editor Dr. Guo Shuyun, Dalian Nationalities University, China, Xue Chu Ban She, publisher
- 2011 - Biotheology, Imagery & Healing, Community Address, Vol 21, #1, Journal Subtle Energies & Energy Medicine
- 2011 - Russian Academy of Sciences, Institute of Enthnology & Anthropology, “Artist as Shaman – Conjuring Healing: Imagery, Bio-theology, Health & Right Action, chief editor, V. I. Kharitonova
- 2010 - The Travelling Exhibition, 2005 – 2009, Catalogue, Gilah Yelin Hirsch, Gilah Yelin Hirsch publisher
- 2010 - Bridges Magazine, International Society for the Study of Subtle Energies & Energy Medicine Magazine, Cover 2010, Issue #3, “Shy Lily,” Dorland Pond Series #18
- 2010 - Shaman: Journal of the International Society for Shamanistic Research, “Biotheology, Imagery, and Healing: An Exploration into the Relationship Between Calcium and Bodhicitta, Health and Right Action,” Adam Molnar editor
- 2009 - Bridges Magazine, Issue 3, p. 4, "Conversation with Kuno: A Lesson in Compassion and Forgiveness," with Celia Coates and Lucia Thornton, ISSSEEM, Boulder, CO
- 2009 - Journal of Institute of Ethnology and Anthropology, “Eskimos Have No Word or Concept for ‘Future:’ Cultural Suicide in Nunavut,” (English and Russian) Russian Academy of Sciences, Center for Medical Anthropology, Moscow, Russia
- 2008 - Winston Hewitt website, “Appreciation of Winston Hewitt”
- 2005 - Jeffrey Hessing: Riffin’ in the Landscape, catalog essay for Pucker Gallery, Boston, Mass.
- 2002 - Waxwing Editions, (Online Literary and Arts Magazine), The Diamond Series and artist’s statement (Spring Edition)
- 2002 - The International Journal of Healing and Caring, editor Dan Benor, MD (Spring Edition) “Proprioception, Reflection, Recognition: The Positive Affect of Paradigmatic Form – A Personal Foray into Art, Healing and the Mystery of the White Spheres”
- 1999 - Solimar Magazine, Spring 1999, Special Preview Issue “Bringing the Himalayas Home”
- 1999 - Gold Coast Review, Paintings (Online Literary and Arts Magazine) Published by California State University, San Bernardino
- 1997 - Focus on Art: Volume 2, Number one, Spring '97 "Gilah Yelin Hirsch on Beauty, Form, Creativity"
- 1996 - An Artist's Book of Inspiration edited by Astrid Fitzgerald, Lindisfarne Press: selections of essay "The Nature of Beauty"
- 1995 - Cosmography: The Writing of the Universe. (Video)
(For information on Cosmography and video clips, click here.)
- 1992 - The Quest: Philosophy, Science, Religion, The Arts, Autumn: article "The Illusion of Potential: the Delusion of the Creative Person in Relationship"; followed by an interview with GYH by the editor, William Metzger
- 1990 - American Women Artists: The 20th Century: Knoxville Museum of Art Catalog essay on Ruth Weisberg
- 1986 - "Deer Deer", short story read in "Crossovers", an evening of readings at Stella Polaris Gallery, Los Angeles
- 1986 - "Kyoto: The City of Spiritual Business": article in The Los Angeles Herald Examiner, December, 1986
- 1985 - Womens Art Journal: Winter Issue, 1985; feature article "Persistence of Time and Memory: The Art of Ruth Weisberg"
- 1984 - Images and Issues Magazine: Winter, 1984; review of the recent work of Ruth Weisberg
- 1983 - "Thin Air": short story used as text in Philosophy of Ecology course at Pitzer College, Claremont (CA) 1978 - Women's Studies: An Interdisciplinary Journal:Vol. 6, New York; Article on Emily Carr
- 1978 - Metamagic: catalog essay and design for "Metamagic" exhibition which I curated at California State University, Dominguez Hills
- 1978 - Artweek: October, 1978; analytical article on the sculpture of Bruria
- 1977 - The Pararational, Visionary and Mystical Perspective: published by California State University, Dominguez Hills, External Degree Program
- 1976 - Feminist Art Journal: Summer issue; article on Emily Carr
- 1972 - Artweek: article on "Joan of Art" seminars