Diane Hembacher, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor, Teacher Education
Department: Teacher Education
Office: COE 1401
Phone Extension: x2706
Email Username: dhembacher
Show All Publications in Refereed Journals Conference Proceedings Newsletter Articles Presentations: National and International Conferences Presentations: State and Local Conferences and Academies Grants Awarded
Publications in Refereed Journals
- Hembacher, D., and Cruise, M. The effects of a second-grade social studies curriculum infused with positive aging concepts on children's attitudes towards aging. Theory and Research in Social Education, Winter 2006: 34(1), 58-97.
- Mach, N., Desberg, P., Cantor, J., Davis, J., Hembacher, D., and Moscovici, H. Preparing teachers to integrate technology into multicultural inner-city classrooms. Metropolitan Universities , December 2005: 16(4), 54-70.
- Hembacher, D., Okada, D., & Richardson, T. School to Career and social studies: making the connection. Social Studies and the Young Learner, March/April 2004: 16(4), 20-23.
- Cantor, J., Desberg, P., Hembacher, D., & Mach, N. Promoting social science inquiry with database technology. Social Education, April 2003: 67(3), 145-150.
- Coleman, R., & Hembacher, D. (2003). Writing your way through the five themes of geography. Social Studies Review - Journal of the California Council for the Social Studies, 42(2), 8-13.
- Hembacher, D. (2002). Specially Designed Academic Instruction in English in the social studies classroom. In S. Lee and J. Lalas (Eds.), Language, Literacy, and Academic Development for English Language Learners. Boston , MA : Pearson Custom Publishing.
- Hembacher, D. (2000). Meeting the needs of English Language Learners through the Course Model Lessons. Social Studies Review - Journal of the California Council for the Social Studies, 40(1), 45-50.
- Hembacher, D., and Porter, P. (2000). Integrating history and literacy in the elementary school curriculum. Social Studies Review - Journal of the California Council for the Social Studies, 39(2), 24-3.
- Hembacher, D. Review of The Rainbow Collection . TESOL Newsletter , Dec. 1990: 17-18.