Kamal Hamdan, Ed. D.
Title: Director,Transition to Teaching & Lecturer, Teacher Education
Department: Teacher Education
Office: COE 1458
Phone Extension: x3881
Email Username: khamdan
- Hamdan, K . (2007). Lynwood Unified School District : Superintendent's Colloquium, Presenter: Bridge to Algebra for Elementary and Secondary Teachers.
- Hamdan, K. (2007). CERA Conference, Presenter: Applying Professional Development School Precepts to the Preparation of General and Special Education Teachers.
- Hamdan, K. (2007). Human Resources Committee, Los Angeles Unified School District , Board of Education, Presenter: Transition to Teaching at CSU Dominguez Hills.
- Hamdan, K. & Lal, D. (2007). U.S. Department of Education: Transition to Teaching Directors' Conference, Presenter: School Leadership: A Fundamental approach to building effective communication and relationships with school administrators, to improve the hiring, support, and retention of TTT participants.
- Hamdan, K. (2007). Paraeducator Career Ladder Conference, Los Angeles Unified School District , Presenter.
- Hamdan, K ., Lal, S., Esposito, K., Berlin , D., Mills-Marbury, K., & Russell, S. (2006). CCTE Conference, Presenter: Using Professional Development Schools to Bring General and Special Education Together.
- Esposito, K., Lal, S., Berlin , D., Hamdan, K ., & Russell, S. (2006). National Association for Alternative Certification (NAAC), Presenter: Confronting Teacher Shortages with Teacher Preparation Model Innovations
- Esposito, K., Lal, S., Berlin , D., Hamdan, K., & Russell, S. (2006). California State University Chancellor's Office, Presenter: Professional Development School Innovations: Confronting Teacher Shortages and Increasing Student Achievement.
- Hamdan, K . & Braun, J. (2005). 11th Annual International Conference of the Coalition of Urban and Metropolitan Universities ( CUMU ), Presenter: Partnerships for Recruiting Non-Traditional Teacher Candidates for Urban Schools .
- Hamdan, K . (2000). District K Resource Specialists Conference, Guest Speaker: presented information on recent developments in the California High School Exit Exam, Mathematics Framework for California Public Schools, and engaging students in mathematics.
- Hamdan, K. (2000). District K Principal's' Conference, Guest Speaker: presented strategies to be used in observing teachers effectively and making recommendation consistent with the California Mathematics Framework for Public Schools.
- Hamdan, K. (2001). Assembly Bill, AB 1331 Training, LAUSD/District K & I, Trainer: conducted math training sessions for elementary and secondary mathematics teachers in the content and pedagogy.
- Hamdan, K. (2000-2002). Minority University Mathematics, Science and Technology Awards for Teacher and Curriculum Enhancement Program, LAUSD/ District K & I Trainer: conducted math training sessions for 4th, 5th, and 6th grade teachers in the content and pedagogy.
- Hamdan, K . Washington Preparatory High School/LAUSD, Mentor Teacher: conducted in-services on teaching strategies and classroom management approaches and held training sessions on the use of technology in the classroom.