Jonathan Grasse, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Music
Office: LCH A-323
Phone Extension: x2381
Email Username: jgrasse
Show All Publications Published Recordings (performer and/or composer) Presentations Recent Premieres and Performances of Compositions, including scheduled premieres Ethnomusicological Fieldwork and Research in Brazil (documentation/archival/study) Awards & Grants
Published Recordings (performer and/or composer)
- 2011 Music CD of original compositions titled Jonathon Grasse: Chamber Music, Centaur Records
- 2010 Music CD, Surrealestate ensemble (Jonathon Grasse, electric guitar) titled Lacunae Acoustic Levitation Records
- 2009 Music CD titled California Oboe includes Letters from Brazil, for oboe and oboe d’amore, recorded by Richard Kravchak (oboe) and Scott Morris (guitar), Centaur Records
- 2008 Composer. Letters from Brazil , transcribed for oboe and oboe d'amor for (tba) a compilation CD produced by Dr. Richard Kravcha k and CSUDH (Scott Morris, guitar) 2007 Composer. Letters from Brazil recorded by Douglas Mase k , saxophone, and James Smith, guitar. TBA Centaur Records.
- 2005 Composer/performer, electric guitar. Western Dog Chain . Performed by Surrealestate on the compact disc accompanying the SoundWal k festival catalog ( Long Beach ), 2005. Produced by Flood.
- 2002 Performer, electric guitar. “Sunyata: i. Vacio ii. Sonidos iii. Sol” by Cristian Amigo. Performed by Surrealestate on the compact disc Cristian Amig LA Live Sessions/Volume 1 (Big As Records)
- 2001 Composer. “Like a Zebra Toward the Islands of Yesterday” for solo percussion. Performed by Gustavo Aguilar on the compact disc Looking for Aztlan (Acoustic Levitation). Listen to a sound clip by clicking here.
- 2000 Composer/Performer. “Six Circles: In Memory of Alfred Schnittke” for indeterminate instruments; and “Difference Tones” performed by Surrealestate on the compact disc Contrafactum (Acoustic Leviation)
- 2000 Co-Composer/Performer. “In Reaction to Octavian Nemescu” performed by Surrealestate on the compact disc Bad Times Ahead For Me included with Bananafish magazine
- 1999 Performer, electric guitar. “Contrafactum in the Spirit of John Sheppard” performed by Surrealestate on the compact disc included with Resonanace magazine, vol. 7, no. 2. Published by London Musicians' Collective. Ltd.
- 1999 Performer, electric guitar. “Ants Eating Through Brick ”. Performed by Surrealestate on the compact disc Robert Reigle : The Marriage of Heaven and Earth (Acoustic Levitation)