Mildred García, Ed.D.
Title: President, California State University, Dominguez Hills (2007-June 2012)
Awards and Honors
- Selected by the Hispanas Organized for Political Equality (HOPE) as the recipient of the Spirit of HOPE Award, December 2008.
- Selected by Embracing Latina Leadership Alliances (ELLAS) as the recipient of the 2008 Dulcinea Award, September 2008.
- Selected by the Torrance Chamber of Commerce as the recipient of the Leadership Award at its Latino Awards of Excellence, May 30, 2008
- Selected by The Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi as a member of the Chapter at California State University, Dominguez Hills, March 13, 2008.
- Selected by the National Association of Presidential Assistants in Higher Education as an honoree for the 2008 Award for Professional Achievement, February 9, 2008.
- Selected by the Association for the Study of Higher Education, Council on Ethnic Participation, as an honoree for the 2007 Outstanding Service Award, November 2007.Named to Hispanic Business magazine's 100 Most Influential Hispanics list for 2007 as one of the most influential Hispanics in education. (See frame 31/10 of 23). October 2007.
- Selected as an Honoree by the Entre Nosotros, Inc. at the 12th Annual Awards Luncheon at the 20th Annual “Somos El Futuro” Conference, New York State Assembly-Senate Puerto Rican/Hispanic Legislative Task Force, April 28, 2007.
- Selected by the Hispanic Business and Professional (HB&P) Association of Westchester County, Inc. as the first recipient of the HB & P Professional of the Year, April 20, 2006.
- Selected by El Diario La Prensa as an honoree for the Mujeres Destacadas 2006 Award, March 26, 2006.
- Selected as a Salzburg Fellow and participated in the Salzburg Seminar, "Changing Concepts of International Education Exchange and Mobility," July 2004.
- Selected by the Puerto Rican Day Parade Committee, Inc. as a Premio Rafel Cordero honoree for the first annual Puerto Rican Heritage Month Awards, November 18, 2003.
- Selected by Montclair State University as an honoree for Women's History Month, March 27, 2003.
- Selected by Westchester Community College (WCC) as an honoree for Women's History Month, March 26, 2003.
- Selected by the Congress of the United States House of Representatives, Eighth Congressional District, as an honoree for Women's History Month, March 24, 2003.
- Selected by the New Jersey General Assembly Majority Office, State House, as one of four women to be recognized during Women's History Month for the many accomplishments, March 3, 2003.
- Selected by the YWCA of New York City as a 2002 Women Achiever, the 29th Annual Salute entitled "Generation of Women: Reaching Out/Reaching Back," November 21, 2002.
- Selected by the SER of Westchester, Inc., as an honoree for the 2002 Hispanic Achievement and Hispanic Heritage Month, October 10, 2002.
- Selected by the Ford Foundation to join the United States delegation for a Tri-National Conference in New York City, New York and Alburquerque, New Mexico entitled "Learning in a World of Difference: Higher Education in Diverse Democracies," October 20 - 31, 1999.
- Selected by the Ford Foundation to join the United States delegation for a Tri-National Conference in Durban, South Africa entitled "The International Seminar on Diversity Issues in Higher Education," March 12 - 21, 1998.
- Selected by the Ford Foundation to join the United States delegation for a Tri-National Conference in New Delhi, India, entitled, "The Challenges of Diversity in HigherEducation: Lessons from India, South Africa and the United States," January 21 - 24, 1997.
- Honorary Degree, Moscow External University of the Humanities, June 9, 1995.