Nancy Erbe, J.D., L.L.M.
Title: Professor, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution Peacebuilding
Department: Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding
Office: LIB D-512
Phone Extension: x2805
Email Username: nerbe
Selected Presentations: International
- “Internationalization of Organizational Ombuds” invitation of International Ombudsman Association, St. Louis, 2007 (moderated panel including African Development Bank, University of California Berkeley, World Health Organization, Japanese corporation and two transnational corporations—one practicing in Caribbean/Latin America and other in Africa and Middle East).
- “Educating For Peace” invitation of Consulado General De Espana En Los Angeles, University of Southern California, 2006.
- Asked to give Conflict Resolution Workshop, “Impact of Global Issues on Women and Children,” Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2005; Bangkok, Thailand, 2003.
- Weaving the Future of Peacemaking, NCPCR (A Network of Communities for Peacemaking and Conflict Resolution), Atlanta, Georgia, 2003.
- “Partnering for International Educational Exchange,” NAFSA, with Craig Hastings, Harvard University, 2002.
- Closing Plenary, “Peace, Justice, and Conflict Resolution: Creating Mechanisms for Community Building (panel with Honorable Jeffrey Davidow, U.S. Ambassador to Mexico, Frank Devlyn, entrepreneur and philanthropist from Mexico and Joyce Neu, Director, Joan B. Kroc Institute for Peace and Justice, University of San Diego) Community Building for Peace and Justice: Dos Paises, Una Comunidad, University of San Diego, 2001.
- “Exploring the Concept of Cultural Competence from the Party Perspective,” Coming Together: The First International Conference of the Association for Conflict Resolution, Toronto Canada, and National Conference on Peacemaking and Conflict Resolution, George Mason, 2001.
- “The Transformative Cycle of Cultural Recognition & Empowerment, or Cultural Competence: What does it mean in practice:” Education Cooperation in the Americas, Canadian Bureau for International Education, Asociacion Mexicana para las Educacion Internacional, Asociacion Panamericana De Instituciones de Credito Educativo, 1999, 2000.
- Hosted visiting faculty from Thammasat University, Thailand; advised regarding community assessment with environmental impact process involving dam development and dispute, 2000.
- “Mediation as Training and Practice in Community Empowerment and Recognition” Women’s Status: Vision and Reality, Bridging East and West, New Delhi, India, 2000.