Nancy Erbe, J.D., L.L.M.
Title: Professor, Negotiation, Conflict Resolution Peacebuilding
Department: Negotiation, Conflict Resolution and Peacebuilding
Office: LIB D-512
Phone Extension: x2805
Email Username: nerbe
Books and Chapters
- Holding These Truths: Empowerment and Recognition in Action (interactive case study curriculum for multicultural dispute resolution). 2003. Berkeley, California: Public Policy Press, University of California.
- Negotiation Alchemy: Global Skills Inspiring and Transforming Diverging Worlds. 2011. Berkeley, CA: Berkeley Public Policy Press.
- (Chapter) Holding These Truths, Managing Diversity 1999. May Kendall/Hunt.
- Facilitative Mediation as A Model for Classroom Management, Fourth R. 2007. Washington D.C.: Association for Conflict Resolution.
- Conflict Mediation, Encyclopedia of Governance. 2007. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage.
- Citizen Diplomacy, Encyclopedia of Governance. 2006. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage.
- Games Theory, Encyclopedia of Governance. 2006. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage.
- Negotiation, Encyclopedia of Governance. 2006. Thousand Oaks, California: Sage.
- Appreciating Global Alternative Dispute Resolutionís Role with Good Governance, 11 HARVARD NEG. L. REV. (2006).
- Communications Theory and Restorative Justice: Approaches To Proactive Conflict Resolution, BUSINESS RESEARCH YEARBOOK (2005).
- Optimal Strategy With Complex Global Disputes: Blending the Best of Distributive and Integrative Bargaining, BUSINESS RESEARCH YEARBOOK (2005).
- The Global Popularity and Promise of Facilitative Alternative Dispute Resolution 18 TEMP. INTíL & COMP. L. J. (2004), cited by Steven Austermiller, Mediation in Bosnia and Herzegovina, 9 YALE HUMAN RIGHTS & DEV. L. J. 132, 144 (2006).
- Initiating No Violence Education for Students and Teachers (national curriculum funded by Dept of Justice). 1999. Boulder County.
- Prostitutes: Victims of Exploitation and Abuse (a rebuttal to popular legalization theories), Vol. II, J. OF LAW AND INEQUALITY (1984), cited in R. Downey 1992 (Supreme Court of Canada), by Gallagher Norah (visiting scholar, Lauterpacht Research Centre for International Law, Cambridge University) Sexual Exploitation: A Form of Slavery, Series VIII, Human Rights, Issues and Theory, KOAGA RONEETA (1999), United Nations Economic & Social Council Commission on Human Rights, CONTEMPORARY FORMS OF SLAVERY (2000), Sylvia A. Law, Commercial Sex: Beyond Decriminalization 73 SOUTHERN CA. R. 523, 609 (2000), David Weissbrodt and Anti-Slavery International, ABOLISHING SLAVERY AND ITS CONTEMPORARY FORMS (2002), Kimberly A. Yuracko, PERFECTIONISM AND CONTEMPORARY FEMINIST VALUES (2003), W. Heitmeyer and J. Hagan, INTERNATIONAL HANDBOOK OF VIOLENCE (2003), Donna M. Hughes, BEST PRACTICES TO ADDRESS THE DEMAND SIDE OF SEX TRAFFICKING (2004), and Kevin Bales, UNDERSTANDING GLOBAL SLAVERY: A READER (2005).