Title: Emeritus Professor of Behaviorial Science--Gerontology Option & Humanities External Degree Program (HUX)
Email Username: davidachurchman
PublicationsAuthor or co-author of over 100 papers, articles, books and columns as the “Armchair General” on military theory. Those before 1980 dealt with curriculum development and evaluation; those since with wildlife education, history, and conflict management including:
- David Churchman (2005). Why We Fight: Theories of Human Aggression and Conflict. University Press of America.
- David Churchman (1993, 1995). Negotiation: Process, Tactics, Theory. University Press of America.
- David Churchman (1988). Basic Negotiating Tactics. D. Churchman.
- Authored or co-authored approximately 75 successful grants and contracts ($6,500,000, total) for CSUDH, Tribal American Corporation, UCLA, USC, and Wildlife on Wheels.
- Fulbright Senior Scholar [ Ukraine ] (2005)
- Fulbright Senior Scholar [ Cyprus ] (1999-2000)
- Malone Fellow [ Saudi Arabia ] (1991)
- Distinguished Research Professor [ Oregon State University ] (1979)
- Intergovernmental Fellow [National Science Foundation] (1977-1978)
- Dissertation Fellowship [ U.S. Department of State] (1970-1971)
- Oreon E. Scott Prize for Academic Achievement [The University of Michigan ] (1956)