Carole M. Casten, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Division of Kinesiology and Recreation
Department: Kinesiology and Recreation
Office: SAC 1133A
Phone Extension: x3633
Email Username: ccasten
- Instructor’s Resource Manual for Dynamic Physical Education for Seondary Students, 6th edition, Benjamin Cummings, 2009.
- Lesson Plans for Dynamic Physical Education for Secondary School Students, 5th edition, Benjamin Cummings Publishing Co., 2006.
- "Rhythmic Gymnastics" in Chapter 18, "Manipulative Activities and Rhythmic Gymnastics", Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary Children, by Pangrazi, Benjamin Cummings, 15th Edition, 2007. 14th Edition click here.
- A Resource Manual for Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School, Benjamin Cummings, 15th Edition, 2006.
- Instructor’s Resource Manual for Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary School Children, Benjamin Cummings Publishing Co., 2005. 2001 edition click here.
- "Lesson Plans for Rhythmic Gymnastics" in Lesson Plans for Dynamic Physical Education for Elementary Children, by Pangrazi, Allyn & Bacon, 13th Edition. 1999. Used in 800 colleges and universities.
- Aerobics Today , 2d ed., co-authored with Peg Jordan, Belmont, CA : Wadsworth/Thomson Learning, c2002 . 1st edition (1990) click here.
- Aqua Aerobics Today, West Educational Publishing, Thousand Oaks, CA, 1994.
- "Put Pizzazz into your Secondary Physical Education Program", JOHPERD, September, 1991.
- "Teaching Tips: Put the Premier Sport of the Olympics into Your Program--Rhythmic Gymnastics", JOHPERD, 1990.
- “Hot Topic Presentation” regarding the impact of a name change for the American Alliance for Health, Physical Education, Recreation and Dance, at the Western Society for Kinesiology and Wellness annual regional conference, Reno, Nevada, October 10, 2007.
- April 26, 2007 CSUDH Blackboard Best Practices Presentation: “A Model Class on Blackboard,” CSUDH.
- “A Healthy Mind in a Healthy Body” panel presentation with Sharon Stoll, H. So (CSUSB), and H. Van Mujllen (Lewis-Clark State College) Western Society of Kinesiology and Wellness, Reno, Nevada, October 11-12, 2006.
- "PE and Academic Performance" panel presentation with B.J. Holt and H.S. So (CSUSB). Western Society of Kinesiology and Wellness, Reno, Nevada, October 11, 2006.
- Management Techniques for teaching Dance, CAHPERD annual Acro-Dance Workshop, May, 2005, Palm Springs, CA
- “The Pro’s of Teaching Internet Classes”, Western College Physical Education Society annual meeting, October, 2004, Reno, Nevada.
- Making Dance Teaching Fun, CAHPERD annual Acro-Dance Workshop, May, 2004, Palm Springs, CA.
- “What are the 3 P’s of Teaching Internet Classes? Planning, Pitfalls, and Perks”
- National Association of Physical Education in Higher Education annual convention, Queen Mary, Long Beach, CA. 2003