James S. Cantor, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Teacher Education
Department: Teacher Education
Office: COE 1472
Phone Extension: x3775
Email Username: jcantor
- Cantor, J. (2006) Fearless Innovation: Songwriting For Our Lives. Multicultural Education. Winter 2006, Volume 14, Number 2.
- Mach, N., Desberg, P., Cantor, J., Davis, J., Hembacher, D., Moscovici, H. (2005) Preparing Teachers to Integrate Technology into Multicultural Inner-City Classrooms. Metropolitan Universities Journal, December 2005, Volume 16, Number 4.
- Cantor, J., and Schaar, S. (2005) A Dynamic Relationship: The Impact of Formal and Informal Assessment on a Professional Development School for In-Service, Non-Credentialed Teachers. Teacher Education Quarterly, Fall 2005, Volume 32, Number 4.
- Cantor, J. and Schaar, S. (2005). Collaborating to Address An Emergency in Teacher Education: The Evolution of A Professional Development School for Emerging Professionals . In J.E. Neapolitan & T.R. Berkeley (Ed.), Staying the course with professional development schools . New York; Peter Lang.
- Cantor, J., Desberg P., Hembacher, D., & Mach, N. (2003). Promoting Social Science Inquiry with Database Technology. Social Education, The Official journal of the National Council for the Social Studies. Volume 67, Number 3, April 2003. Hembacher, D., Cantor, J., & Porter, P. (2003). Readings in Social Studies/Reading and Writing in the Content Areas . Reader for TED 412 classes, California State University , Dominguez Hills.
- Cantor, J. (2002) Review of Affirming Diversity, 3rd Edition , by Sonia Nieto, by request of author, for feedback helpful in writing the 4th Edition. (March 2002).
- Cantor, J. (2002). Who's Teaching the Urban Poor? Supporting An Emerging Social Justice Educator in a Professional Development Schoool. Equity & Excellence in Education . Volume 35, Number 3, September 2002.
- Cantor, J. “ Support For Developing Beginning Teachers as Social Justice Educators in the Context of a School-University Partnership.” Dissertation, University of California, Los Angeles, 1998.