William R Deluca
Title: Professor, Theatre Arts
Department: Theatre Arts
Office: LCH E-311
Phone Extension: x2400
Email Username: bdeluca
Awards and Honors
- City of Carson Grants - Fine Arts and Historical Commission, Carson , CA 2005-2007. Grant to fund the creation and development of two community-based theatre productions, The Carson Bridge Project and the Dominguez Bridge Project, created from interviews with local residents.
- Mask Web Site Grant, 1999. Center for Teaching and Learning Grant to digitize mask images for the development of a Dominguez Hills web site devoted to masks.
- African-American Theatre, 1996. Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity Program Grant to research Black Theatre and create a CD Rom for use in Theatre Arts classes.
- Technology Grant, 1996. Funding for Hardware and Software for CD Rom development and creation of a web course (Playwriting on the Internet).
- CD Rom of Worldwide Masks, 1996. Faculty Development grant to create a CD Rom of over 400 scanned images of masks used in ritual, theatre, dance, and carnival for use in Humanities classes.
- Teatro Dominguez - CSU Dominguez Hills, 1995-2007. IRA Grants (Instructionally-Related Activities) from Associated Students to tour folktale performances in local schools with student assistants.
- Folktales - CSU Dominguez Hills, 1994. Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity Program Grant to research Folktales and develop a library for potential Teatro Dominguez performances.
- Mexican Masks - CSU Dominguez Hills, 1993. Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity Program Grant to travel to Oaxaca and research Mexican Masks.
- Chicano Theatre - CSU Dominguez Hills, 1991. Faculty Development Grant to research Hispanic-American Theatre.
- Teatro Dominguez - CSU Chancellor's Office, 1991. Academic Program Improvement Grant to develop Teatro Dominguez, a multicultural theatre company.
- The Power of Masks - CSU Dominguez Hills, 1991. Research, Scholarly and Creative Activity Program Grant to research the origins and uses of performance masks.