C. Kaye Bragg, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Dean, College of Business Administration and Public Policy (CBAPP)
Department: Business Administration and Public Policy
Office: SBS E-308
Phone Extension: x2356
Email Username: kbragg
Conference Papers and Presentations
- WASC Annual Meeting, Spring 2007, San Jose, California. Presentation: Continuous Assessment for effective learning. Co-Presentation with Dr. Linda Rose (UCLA).
- International Political Science Association World Congress, July 2006 Fukuoka, Japan. Paper: Expanding Grassroots participation: New Non-Government Organizations in China.
- EDUCAUSE 2006, October 9-12, 2006 Dallas, Texas. Presentation: Two Questions for Online and Hybrid Course Assessment. Collaboration with Dr. Penny Swenson (CSU, Bakersfield).
- 9th CSU Regional Symposium on University Teaching, A Multidisciplinary Conference, CSUDH, March 2006. Presentation: "Faculty Developer Resources-Director Using Web sites, Organizations, and One's Own Faculty" Collaboration with Dr. Cynthia Desrochers (CSU, Northridge).
- 18th Lilly Conference on College & University Teaching: Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, March 17 & 18, 2006 at CalPoly, Pomona. Presentation: Engaging Active learning models: A case study of WebQuest assignments for an upper division political science course.
- 11th annual TechEd International Conference & Exposition, March 27-29, 2006 Pasadena, Southern California. Roundtable Discussion: Two Questions that Promote In-Depth Course Assessment. Collaboration with Dr. Penny Swenson (CSU, Bakersfield).
- Western Conference of the Association for Asian Studies, September 29- October 1, 2005 Denver, Colorado. Hosted by the Center for China-US Cooperation, Graduate School of International Studies at the University of Denver. Paper: “Expanding Grassroots Participation: New NGOs in China”.
- National Learning Infrastructure Initiative (NLII), January 2004, San Diego, Ca. Presentation: Constructivist Learning Environment: Active Online Learning. Collaboration: Dr. Penelope Swenson and Ms. Joan Canfield (CSU, Bakersfield).
- MERLOT International Conference, August 2004, Los Angeles, Ca. Presentation: Engagement with WebQuest. Interactive presentation of active learning models into courses. Collaboration: Dr. Penelope Swenson (CSU, Bakersfield).
- Asian Studies Pacific Association Conference, June 2003, East-West Center, Hawaii. Paper: Engendering politics: a study of policy innovation for Chinese modernization that redefine relationships and roles of Chinese women. Collaboration: Ms. Evelyn Gutierrez.
- Western Political Science Association Conference, March 2003. Denver, Co. Paper: Fast-track and women workers in third world countries. Collaboration: Ms. Angela Gaggero .
- Western Political Science Association Conference, March 2003, Denver, Co. Paper: Commodified persons: human trafficking and exploitation in China. Collaboration: Ms. Leisel Bogan .
- International Conference on Civic Education Research, November 2003, New Orleans,LA. Paper: Service Learning: A Challenge to the Teaching of Philosophy California State University- Bakersfield. Collaboration: Dr. Jacquelyn Kegley and Dr. Kenneth Nyberg (CSU, Bakersfield).
- 3rd International Convention of Asia Scholars, August 2003, Los Angeles, Ca. Paper: An Agent of globalization in South Asia: the role of non-government organizations in Indian development.
- Third World Studies Conference, October 2001 Paper: An Agent of Globalization: The role of non-government organizations in Rural Indian women’s lives.
- Third World Studies Conference, October 2001. Paper: The Chinese Generation Gap: A study of civil society. Collaboration: Mr. Jason Plume
- Third World Studies Conference, October 2001. Paper: Corruption and Coalition Building in Indian Politics (BJP and ShivSena). Collaboration: Mr. Jayson Hardcastle.
- Western Political Science Association, San Jose, March 2000. Paper: Women’s Grassroots Organizing in Rural India: A Study of NGOs Redefining Gender Relations.
- Western Political Science Association, March, 1997, Paper: Factors explaining the policy innovation process for air pollution abatement.