José Rósbel López Morín, Ph.D.
Title: Chair, Chicana/Chicano Studies Department
Coordinator, Division of World Cultural and Gender Studies
Department: Chicana/Chicano Studies
Office: LCH B-314
Phone Extension: x3949
Email Username: jmorin
Area of Expertise: none given
Summary: none given
Show All Scholarship In Progress Authored Book Publications Articles & Book Reviews in Refeered Journals Professional Reviewer for Grants and Refeered Journals Publications in Non-Refeered Journals Presentations for Social Community Activism Musical/Cultural Performances Off-Campus Community Partnership Work Awards and Grants
Presentations for Social Community Activism
- 2011 - Guest Speaker, "The Plight of Migrant Students: Keys for Education Success," Santiago Community College. Orange, CA. July 28.
- 2011 - Presenter, "Folk Groups and Culture: An Overview," U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Hispanic-Serving-Institutions National Conference, Monterey, CA, Feb. 1-3.
- 2006-08 - Translator, "L.A. Harbor Medical Clinic," San Pedro, CA
- 2006 - Guest Speaker, "Cesar E. Chavez, " City of Commerce, March 29.
- 2006 - Keynote Speaker, "The Importance of an Education," San Pedro Adult School, April 27.
- 2002 - Guest Speaker, "Hispanic Heroes, " CSU, Dominguez Hills. September 18.
- 2002 - Keynote Speaker, "21st Century P.A.C.T. Project," UCLA. July 19.
- 2002 - Guest Speaker, "Camp Success 2002," Santa Ana High School. June 26.
- 2002 - Keynote Speaker, "Migrant Youth Leadership Conference," Bakersfield College. April 20.
- 2002 - Advisor/Coordinator, "Cinco de Mayo Week at CSU, Dominguez Hills." April 29-May 5.
- 2001 - Guest Speaker, "La Sociedad Nacional Hispanica, Sigma Delta Pi." California State University, Bakersfield. May 20.
- 2002 - Keynote Speaker, "Nineteenth Annual Migrant Parent Regional Conference." Fresno, California, October 7. "La importancia de la educacion de nuestro hijos" (The Importance of an Education for our Youth). Addressed Spanish-speaking migrant parents about the importance of their children's education.
- 2000 - Co-Coordinator, "Student State Leadership Institute." UCLA Office of Academic Development, June-August.
- 2000 - Co-Organizer, "In Concert with Tish Hinojosa." Royce Hall, May 2.
- 2000 - Co-Coordinator, "The Last Angry Brown Hat." Fowler Museum, April 17.
- 2000 - Co-Coordinator, Culture Clash. "An Intimate Evening of Revolutionary Comedy." Freud Theater, April 14.
- 1998 - Keynote Speaker, "Wasco Community Scholarship Association Awards Ceremony." Wasco, Californian May 21, 1998. "Dream it -- Be it." Addressed graduating Wasco High students who received a community scholarship to further their education.