José Rósbel López Morín, Ph.D.
Title: Chair, Chicana/Chicano Studies Department
Coordinator, Division of World Cultural and Gender Studies
Department: Chicana/Chicano Studies
Office: LCH B-314
Phone Extension: x3949
Email Username: jmorin
Area of Expertise: none given
Summary: none given
Show All Scholarship In Progress Authored Book Publications Articles & Book Reviews in Refeered Journals Professional Reviewer for Grants and Refeered Journals Publications in Non-Refeered Journals Presentations for Social Community Activism Musical/Cultural Performances Off-Campus Community Partnership Work Awards and Grants
Articles & Book Reviews in Refeered Journals
- 2008 - Book Review. The Journey to Latino Political Representation, by John P. Schmal. Aztlan: A Journal of Chicano Studies. pp. 259-261.
- 2005 - "The Life and Early Works of Americo Paredes." Western Folklore. Spring.
- 2002 -Book Review. City of Suspects: crime in Mexico City, 1900-1931, by Pablo Piccato. Studies in Latin American Popular Culture 21. pp. 261-262
- 2000 - "Interview with Americo Paredes." With Hector Calderon. Nepantla: Views from South, 1:1. Durham: Duke University Press, July. pp. 197-228.
- 1993-94 - "Redefining Epic and Novel through Rulfo's Pedro Paramo and Rivera's Y no se lo tago la tierra. Mester: A Literary Journal of the Graduate Students of the Department of Spanish and Portuguese. University of California, Los Angeles. Vol. XXII-XXIII, Fall/Spring, Vol 2-1. pp. 63-69.