Leena Furtado, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Education
Office: LIB D407
Phone Extension: x2743
Email Username: lfurtado
Area of Expertise: none given
Summary: none given
Research Funding/Awards (1997-)
- Director of Title V-Part B (POPHA)-Post-baccalaureate Hispanic Education Grant ($2.5million) grant proposal for all 24 Masters Program at CSUDH. “Promoting Excellence in Graduate Studies -(PEGS).” (October, 2010-September, 2015). See news article here.
- Co-Director and PI of HP Catalyst Grant (150,000). “Virtual Learning: Collaboration, Construction in STEM+ Learning.” August 2010-2012. (CSUDH & CAMS).
- Collaborated in writing the Title V-STEM grant with Dr. William Franklin (2011). The RFP submission option was not offered by Dept of Education.
- Initiated and held discussion with Dr. Kamal Hamdan to support the TTT grant from (2009-) with a MA: Curriculum and Instruction (Science Option) program.
- Submitted (May, 2009) to California Post-Secondary Education Commission (CPEC) grant proposal for ($1 million) in collaboration with Montebello Unified School District and WestEd K-12 Alliance. “SUI Academic Achievement Partnership.” The proposal did not get accepted. Received the WASC mini-grant ($4000) for Civic Engagement study for 2006-2007.
- Member, SCALE/QED Grant - (2005-) Elementary and Secondary Science curriculum courses and professional development in the MA: Curriculum and Instruction program option for K-12 teachers in Los Angeles
- Received CSUDH Teaching and Learning Center Research Grant for $1600 to pursue program improvement research study 2003-2004.
- Received the Dean's Research fund for 2000 ($2500).
- Received Service Learning Grant ($3,500) for 2001-2002.
- Awarded 3 units of assigned time for Spring 1999 to implement a language immersion program at Parkridge Elementary School, Corona/Norco School District, Riverside County, California.
- Received the Deans ($3,500) to collect data in India for post doctoral dissertation research.
- Received $1,200.00 from the Sally Casanova Memorial Research Development Awards program, Nov 1997. “English Immersion Through Spanish Instruction” pilot study to be developed, implemented, and documented at the Corona/Norco Unified School District by June 1998.