Leena Furtado, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Education
Office: LIB D407
Phone Extension: x2743
Email Username: lfurtado
Area of Expertise: none given
Summary: none given
- Attended the HP Catalyst International Grant Director’s Consortia in March 2012, Beijing, China.
- Presented at the International CamsTesol Conference, Phnom Peng, Cambodia, February, 2012. “A Rule based Summarization Project in reading Comprehension for Language Learners.”
- Presented at the American Education Research Association, New Orleans, April, 2011. “Teachers Learn to Lead in the Classroom: An Action Research Model.”
- Conducted a workshop at the California Association of Bilingual Education, Long Beach, March, 2011. “Combine, Ignite, Fuse: The Synergy of ELD/Science.”
- Presented at the American Educational Research Association (AERA) Annual Conference in April, 2010, Denver, Colorado. “Thinking and Doing Approach for Language Development: Teaching ELD Through Science.”
- Presented at the California Association of Bilingual Education (CABE) Annual Conference in February, 2010, San Jose, California. “Thinking and Doing Approach for Language Development: Teaching ELD Through Science.”
- Presented at CERA, November 18-19, 2009. “A Reflective Teacher: An Action Research Model”.
- Judged 11 student research presentations (8-noon) at CSUDH Student Research Day, Feb 19, 2009.
- Supported 5 of my student’s Action Research presentation on CSUDH Student Research Day, Feb 19, 2009.
- Presented “Kindergarten Teachers’ Perceptions of an Inquiry-Science Teaching and Learning Professional Development” at the Hawaii International Conference on Education, Honolulu, Hawaii in January 2009.
- Presented “Pathways to Transformative Teacher Leadership” at the 13th Annual Values Conference at Victoria, BC, Canada, Oct, 2008.
- Presented “Cross-Age Read-Aloud Service Learning Partnership Using Multicultural Literature” at the CSU Chancellor’s Service Learning Conference in Los Angeles, March, 2008. See related article here.
- Presented “Cross-age Read Aloud Partners”, at the CSUDH WASC poster session. Feb 14, 2008.