Judson A. Grenier, Ph.D.
Title: Professor of History, Emeritus
Email Username: jgrenier
Books and Chapters
- Member, Board of Editors, The Development of Los Angeles City Government, 1850-2000, (2 vols) (Los Angeles City Historical Society, 2007).
- Editor (with Margaret Blue), Roberts, M. & Garvin, H. Glenn M. Anderson: conscience of California, (Los Angeles: California State University Dominguez Hills Foundation, 2001)
- Golden Odyssey: John Stroud Houston, California’s First Controller and the Origins of State Government, (Los Angeles: Historical Society of Southern California, 1999).
- Editor, of Mason, W., Early Dominguez families and settlement of the Rancho San Pedro, (Carson, Calif : California State University, Dominguez Hills and the Carson Companies, c1991).
- California Legacy: the Watson-Dominguez Family. (Los Angeles: Watson Land Company, 1987).
- The Rainbow Years: the First Quarter-Century of California State University Dominguez Hills. (California State University, Dominguez Hills Foundation, 1986)
- Editor, revised. ed. of Robert C. Gillingham, Rancho San Pedro. (Los Angeles: Dominguez Family Companies, 1983)
- Editor, Heilbron, L. From the beginning: commencement addresses and selected papers (Long Beach: The California State University
- “Muckraking the Muckrakers: Upton Sinclair and His Peers,” in Reform & Reformers in the Progressive Era. (Westport: Greenwood Press, 1983)
- (With Donald Gerth) A History of the California State University and Colleges. (Long Beach: California State University, 1981).
- Editor and co-author, A Guide to Historic Places in Los Angeles County. (Dubuque: Kendall Hunt, 1978, rev. 1983)
- Editor, of McCallister, L., The Waterfront of Manhattan Beach, (City of Manhattan Beach Historical Committee, 1978).
- The Streets of Manhattan: transportation at the beach, (City of Manhattan Beach Historical Committee, 1977).
- A Capsule History of Manhattan Beach, 1912-1976, (City of Manhattan Beach Historical Committee, 1976)
- Editor, of Dow, F., Manhattan Beach yesterdays: personal recollections, (City of Manhattan Beach Historical Committee, 1976)
- Editor, of Pyatt M., et al, The Women who fashioned a community: the Neptunian Club of Manhattan Beach, (City of Manhattan Beach Historical Committee, 1974)
- Co-author (with Delmatier, R., et al), The Rumble of California Politics, 1848-1970, (New York: Wiley, 1970)
- Editor, with Phillips, D.G., The Treason of the Senate, (Chicago : Quadrangle Books, 1964)
- Prairie Winds and Sea Winds: poems. (Pasadena, Calif.: Pasadena City College, 1958)