Irene E. Vasquez, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor, Chicana/o Studies Department
Department: Chicana/o Studies Department
Office: LCH B304
Phone Extension: x3070
Email Username: ivasquez
Show All Books & Edited Volumes Essays, Articles, & Book Chapters Works in Progress Creative Activities/Websites Public Exhibits Poster Presentations Invited Talks Select Conference Papers Fellowships Awards Grantsmanship (Funded Projects) In the News
Essays, Articles, & Book Chapters
- Author, “Sources for the History of the Indigenous Peoples of North Mexico,” Methods and Sources of Mesoamerican Ethnohistory. http://whp.uoregon.edu/Lockhart/index.html.
- Author, “African-Mexican Transnational Narratives and Theoretical Interpretations,” Borders in All of Us: Three Global Diasporas, New World African Press, 2006.
- Co-author, “Theory, Concept and Analysis of Diaspora,” Borders Within Us: Three Global Diasporas, New World African Press, 2006.
- Author, “Gender and Sacred Knowledge Discourse: Evidences from Mexico’s Colonial North,” Proceedings of Pacific Coast Council on Latin American Studies, Volume 21, 2005.
- Author, “Afro Latino Influences,” Encyclopedia Latina. Edited by Ilan Stavans, Grolier Publications, 2004.
- Co-Author, “Chicana/o Movement”, New Dictionary of the History of Ideas.Charles Scribner’s Sons, 2005.