Mohsen Beheshti, Ph.D.
Title: Professor and Chair, Computer Science
Department: Computer Science
Office: NSM A-132
Phone Extension: x3398
Email Username: mbehesti
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, at California State University, Dominguez Hills, 2007, Approved.
- TECS Workshop, Teacher Engagement in Computer Science: Strengthening High School Computer Science Educators, DEQ Project, CSUDH, $14,540, September 2006.
- JETT Workshop, Java Engagement for Teacher Training: Strengthening High School Computer Science Educators, DEQ Project, CSUDH, $17,240, March 2006.
- Enhancing Introductory Computer Science Courses Using Mentored Pair Programming, DUE – CCLI–Adaptation and Implementation, NSF, 2005, $148,120.
- Upgrading Computer Science PC Lab, Technology Advancement Program (TAP) Grant, Amount: $29,000, Duration: 01-01-06 to 12-30-06, PI, November 2006.
- Boeing-Pacific Contours Mentor Protégé, DoD and Boeing, $108.880. Duration: 1 year, 2006.
- BPC-A: Computing Alliance for Hispanic-Serving Institution, Co-PI, NSF, Duration: 3 years, amt: $2,000,000. , 2005.
- Instrumentation to Support the Center of Excellence in Computational Science (CECS), Army Research Office, ARO, $199,968, 2005.
- Information Fusion in Senor-Based Intrusion Detection Systems, National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency, Period: Aug 2005 – Aug. 2007, Amount; $134,296, 2005.
- Upgrading Computer Science PC Lab, Technology Advancement Program (TAP) Grant, Amount: $14,301, Duration: 01-01-04 to 12-30-04, PI, January 2004.
- Professional Master Degrees in Sciences in the State of California, Alfred P. Sloan Foundation, Amount: $182,000, Lead for CSUDH, January 2004.
- Computer Science, Engineering, and Mathematics Scholarship (CSEMS), NSF, Amount: $ 396,256. Duration: 0-01-03 to 08-31-07, Co-PI, 2003.
- Weapon System Technical Data Knowledge Management Project, DOD-Defense Information Systems Agency, Contract#: DCA100-00-D-4002, Amount: $1,320,000. Duration: 10-01-02 to 09-30-03, PI and Project Director, September 2002.
- Rational Corporation University Grant Program, Software licenses for Rational Rose awarded by Rational Corporation, Estimated amount: $500,000. January 2002.
- Visiting Scientist Grant awarded to invite a consultant review the department planning strategy, December 2001.
- Masters of Science in Computer Information Systems, at Prairie View A&M University, 2001, Approved.
- Masters of Science in Computer Science, at Prairie View A&M University, 2001, Approved.
- Knowledge Discovery, Extraction of Obstructed Objects from images using Wavelet Transforms, Subcontracted from Bethune Cookman College, it also provided stipend for three students (research assistants), Period covered: May 1 - Oct. 1 1999.
- Army Research office (ARO) grant extension, Grant number: DAAH-0495-1-0250, Partially supported, period covered: Sept. 1, 1998 - Aug. 31 1999,.
- Rational Corporation University Grant Program, Software licenses awarded (Rational Rose) by Rational Corporation, Amount: $150,000.00, February 1999.
- The University Organized Research Grant ORC awarded by UHD, April 1997.
- Computational Science and Advanced Distributed Simulation, C2SDS, Member and Co-PI for the Center.
- Army Research office (ARO) grant, Grant number: DAAH-0495-1-0250, Partially supported, period covered: Sept. 1, 1995 - Aug. 31 1998.
- Improving Research and Undergraduate Education in Computer Science, National Science Foundation, CISE/CDA MI-I, Award amount: $757,596, Period covered: Sept. 1, 1995 - Aug. 31, 2000, Co-PI, Grant number: CDA-9522157, 1995.
- The University Organized Research Grant ORC awarded by UHD, May 1995.
- The Faculty Development Grant awarded by UHD, May 1995.
- Sun Workstations awarded from Defense Automation Resources Information Center, April 1995.
- Object-oriented Database Environment (ODE) software awarded by AT&T bell laboratories, February 1995.
- Easel Corporation University Grant Program, Software awarded by Easel Corporation, December 1994.