Mohsen Beheshti, Ph.D.
Title: Professor and Chair, Computer Science
Department: Computer Science
Office: NSM A-132
Phone Extension: x3398
Email Username: mbehesti
Refereed Conference Papers
- Work-in-Progress: CS0 Course Implementation in Computer Science Computing Alliance of Hispanic Serving Institutions, with, Richard A. Aló, John Fernandez, Ann Quiroz Gates, Desh Ranjan, Frontiers in Education Conference FIE07, Baltimore, 2007.
- A Fast Feature Selection Approach for Network Intrusion Detection Systems, with Jianchao Han, Kazimierz Kowalski, ICEE2007 Conference, Tehran, Iran , 2007.
- Panel - The Computing Alliance of Hispanic-Serving Institutions: Interventions to Increase Hispanic Participation in Computing, with Malek Adjouadi1, Richard Alo, John Fernandez, David Novick, and Nayda Santiago, Frontiers in Education Conference FIE06, San Diego, 2006.
- Data Fusion Support for Intrusion Detection and Prevention, with Richard Wasniowski, Forth International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations, INTG 2007, Las Vegas, USA, April 2007
- Computing Variance under Interval Uncertainty: A New Algorithm and Its Potential Application to Privacy in Statistical Databases, with Richard Alo and Gang Xiang, Information Processing and Management of Uncertainty in Knowledge Management Systems, IPMU06, Paris, France, 2006.
- Interval and Fuzzy Techniques in Business-Related Computer Security: Intrusion Detection, Privacy Protection, with Jianchao Han, Luc Longpre, and et. Al., International Conference on Fuzzy Sets and Soft Computing in Economics and Finance (FSSCEF), Saint-Petersburg, Russia, 2006.
- Analysis of Log Files Intersections for Security Enhancement, with Kazimierz Kowalski, Third International Conference on Information Technology: New Generations, INTG 2006, Las Vegas, USA, April 2006.
- Information Fusion in Sensor-Based Intrusion Detection Systems, Secure IT Conference 2006, Anaheim, CA, March 2006.
- An Approach for Fuzzy Clustering with Feature Significance, with Jianchao Han, International Conference on Intelligent Technology, Intech’ 05, Phuket Thailand, December 2005.
- Autonomous On-line Advising, with Kazimierz Kowalski, and, Jianchao (Jack) Han, E-Learn 2005, Cancouver BC, Canada, October 2005.
- Detecting Network Intrusions Based on a Generalized Rough Set Model, with Jianchao Han and Kazimiers Kowalski, International Symposium on Telecommunications, IST2005, Tehran, Iran, September 2005.
- Drive in Rain: Animating Raindrop Behaviors on Vehicle Windshields, with Yonggao Yand and Jim X, Chen, IEEE Potentials magazine, March 2005.
- Discovering Both Positive and Negative Fuzzy Association Rules in Databases, with Jianchao Han, International Conference on Intelligent Technology, Intech’ 04, Houston, Texas, December 2004.
- Nonlinear Projections and Magic Lenses:3D View Deformation, with Yonggao Yand and Jim X, Chen, IEEE Computer Graphics and Applications, IEEE CG&A, November 2003.
- Apply Nonlinear Projections to Deform 3D Worlds, with Yonggao Yang and Jim X, Chen, The Forth International Conference on Parallel and Distributed Computing Applications and Technologies, PDCAT’03, Southwest Jiaotong University, Chengdu, China, August 2003.
- An Access Control Model Based On Fuzzy Set Theory, with R. Alo, A. Dekorvin, and A. Berrached, Information Processing and Management under Uncertainty in Knowledge Systems, IPMU 2001.
- Applying Fuzzy Relation Equations to Threat Analysis with A. Berrached , A. de Korvin, and R. Alo, Orlando, Florida, SCI 2001, August 2001.
- Design of Unmanned Vehicle Controller with A. Berrached, A. de Korvin, and R. Alo. Fifth Annual International CSI Computer Conference, Orlando, Florida, July 2001.
- Active Access Control in Distributed Systems with A. deKorvin and A. Berrached, The 2001 International Conference on Internet Computing (IC'2001).
- Teaching Programming Language Paradigms Using a Laboratory Approach, with Ananda Gunawardona. Consortium for Computing in Small Colleges South Central Conference, CCSC:SCC 2001, The Journal Computing in Small Colleges, Vol 16 Number 3, Amarillo College, Amarillo Texas, April 20-21, 2001.
- Intelligent Access Control in Distributed Systems Using Fuzzy Relation Equations, withA. Berrached, A. de Korvin, and R. Alo, Proceedings of the International Conference on Advances in Infrastructure for Electronic Business, Science, and Education on the Internet (SSGRR-2000) L’Aquila, Italy July 31-August 6, 2000.
- Estimating Fuzzy Quantities Based On Uncertain Information with A. Berrached, A. Dekorvin, and R. Alo , Information Processing and Management under Uncertainty in Knowledge Systems, IPMU 2000.
- A High Level Language for Object-Oriented Transactions, Heterogenheous and Internet Databases, Proceedings of the 9th International Database Conference, IDC'99, at Kowloon Shangri-La, Hong Kong, July 16, 1999.
- Concurrency Control When Uncertainty is Present, with A. de Korvin, O. Sirisaengtaksin, and Ali Berrached, Fourth Annual International CSI Computer Conference, CSICC'98, Tehran, Iran, January 1999.
- Evaluation of Relevance Filtering Methods in Distributed Interactive Simulation Systems, with A. Berrached, O. Sirisaengtaksin, and A. de Korvin, 2nd International Conference on Non-Linear Problems in Aviation & Aerospace, ICNPAA-98, Daytona Beach, April 1998.
- An update of: Query Optimization in an Object-Oriented Database Management System, Chapter in Handbook of Data Management, 1998, Auerbach Publications, 1998.
- Optimizing Concurrency Control in OODBS Using Fuzzy Sets, with A. Berrached, O. Sirisaengtaksin, and A. de Korvin, submitted to Expert Systems Applications & Artificial Intelligence, EXPERSYS-98.
- Approaches to Multicast Group Allocation in HLA Data Distribution Management, with A. Berrached, O. Sirisaengtaksin, and A. de Korvin, Spring 1998 Simulation Interoperability Workshop, SIW'98, Orlando, pp. 1063-1068, March 1998.
- On Interval Weighted Three-layer Neural Networks, with Chenyi Hu, Ali Berrashed, Andre de Korvin, and Ongard Sirisaengtaksin, The 31st Annual Simulation Symposium, Boston, Massachusetts, pp. 188-194, April 1998.
- Computer Security Model under Uncertain/Partial Information, with Ali Berrached, Andre de Korvin, Chenyi Hu, and Ongard Sirisaengtaksin, Information Processing and Management under Uncertainty in Knowledge Systems, IPMU 98, pp. 1840-1845, 1998.
- Performance Evaluation for a Concurrency Control Mechanism in an ODBMS, 4th International Conference on Object-Oriented Information Systems, OOIS '97, November 1997.
- Instructional Software for Closed Laboratories in CS1, with William Waller, The Integrating Technology into Computer Science Education Conference, ITICSE'97, June 1997.
- Concurrency Control in an Object-Oriented DBMS by Exploiting Navigation, with L. M. L. Delcambre, 7th International Hong Kong Computer Society Database Workshop, May 1996.
- A Navigational Transaction Language for an Object-Oriented DBMS, with L. M. L. Delcambre, Arkansas Computer Conference, ACC '96, pp. 1-11, March 1996.
- Query Optimization in an Object-Oriented Database Management System, with L. M. L. Delcambre, Handbook of Data Management, 1996-97 yearbook, Auerbach Publications, pp. 279-294, August 1996.
- Applying Fuzzy Logic to an Object-Oriented Query Optimization Algorithm, with Andre de Korvin, Expert Systems Applications & Artificial Intelligence, EXPERSYS '95, pp. 313-318, November 1995.
- Logical Optimization When Uncertainty Is Present, with Andre de Korvin, 6th International Conference and Workshop on Database and Expert Systems Applications, DEXA '95, pp. 87-96, Sept. 1995.
- A Logical Optimization Algorithm in an Object-Oriented DBMS, with L. M. L. Delcambre, Arkansas Computer Conference, ACC '95, pp. 20-25, March 1995.
- Improving Performance in an Object-Oriented DBMS by Exploiting Navigation, Ph.D. Dissertation, The Center for Advanced Computer Studies, USL, Lafayette, LA, May 1992.
- Design of Unmanned Vehicle Controller with A. Berrached, A. de Korvin, and R. Alo. (in preparation).