Title: Acting Systems Librarian & Full Professor
Electronic Resources Management Librarian
Department: University Library
Office: LIB D407
Phone Number: 2085
Email Address: wma
Computer Expert System/Database Created or Configurated:
- Customized and configured the Library’s Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC), Summer of 2007. The OPAC is the Library’s major system to search and identify books, digital and other materials owned by the CSUDH Library(URL: http://torofind.csudh.edu)
- Built the “Electronic Reference Databases” Web site in 2006 to facilitate access the electronic reference databases and electronic reference books (URL: http://library.csudh.edu/services/reference/shelf.php ).
- Created a “Library Capital Enhancement Campaign” Web site (2006) to attract donors and to facilitate Library Campaign (URL: http://library.csudh.edu/capitalfund/default.shtml). ·
- “Smart Database Selector”, a prototype web-based system to help users identify and use the online electronic and CD-ROM resource database(s) most appropriate to their particular information needs. 1999-2000.
- Design and built the “Library Microform Database” for the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign Library, 2001.
- "Computer-Assisted Library Instruction Multi-media Program" (use "GUIDE Multimedia Software Solution" software), 1995.
- "Library Research Database --- Bibliographic Instruction" (used BASICA programming language), 1992.