Ronald E. Vogel, Ed.D.
Title: Provost & Vice President, Academic Affairs
Department: Division of Academic Affairs -- Office of Provost
Office: WH D-440
Phone Extension: x3307
Email Username: rvogel
Research Publications (Refereed)
- The Correlates of School Violence:An examination of factors linked to Aggressive Behavior in a Rural Middle School with a Large Migrant Population. (with Brenda Vogel and Robert Fong). The Journal of School Violence 7(3) 24-47 (2008).
- The Age of Death: Appraising Public Opinion of Juvenile Capital Punishment. (with Brenda Vogel). Journal of Criminal Justice39(2) 169-183 (2003).
- A Critical Analysis of Telemarketing Fraud in a Gated Senior Community. (with Wendy Reiboldt). Journal of Elder Abuse and Neglect 13(4): 21-38 (2001).
- Pre and Posttest Differences Between Vietnamese and Latino Residents Involved in a Community Policing Experiment: Reducing Fear of Crime and Improving Attitudes Toward the Police. (with Sam Torres). Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management 24 (1): 40-56 (2001).
- To Quit or Not to Quit: Perceptions of Participation in Correctional Decision Making and the Impact of Organizational Stress. (with Risdon Slate and Wes Johnson). Corrections Management Quarterly 5(2): 68-78 (2001).
- An Evaluation of Operation Roundup: An Experiment in the Control of Gangs to Reduce Crime, Fear of Crime, and Improve Police Community Relations. (with Sam Torres). Policing: An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management 21(1): 38-53 (1998).
- Participative Management and Correctional Personnel: A Study of the Perceived Atmosphere for Participation in Correctional Decision Making and its Impact on Employee Stress and Thoughts About Quitting. (with Risdon Slate). Journal of Criminal Justice 25(6): 397-408 (1997).
- Active Parental Consent in School Based Research. (with Finn Esbensen, Libby Piper Deschenes, et al.). Evaluation Review 20(6): 737-754 (1996)
- Blood in Blood Out: The Rationale Behind Defecting From Prison Gangs. (with Robert Fong and Salvador Buentello). The Journal of Gang Research 2(4): 45-51(1995).
- Dating and Sexual Victimization: An Analysis of Risk Factors Among Precollege Women. (with Melissa J. Himeline). Journal of Criminal Justice 23(2): 153-162 (1995).
- Nonconsensual Sexual Experiences in Precollege Women: Prevalence and Risk Factors. (with Melissa J. Himeline and Dale G. Wachowiak). Journal of Counseling and Development 72:411-415 (1994).
- A Comparative Analysis of Prison Gang Members, Security Threat Group Inmates and General Population Prisoners in the Texas Department of Corrections. (with Robert Fong). The Journal of Gang Research 2(2): 1-12 (1994). Reprinted in Gangs and Gang Behavior (1997) G. Larry Mays Editor, Nelson Hall.
- A Comparison of Factors Associated With Uninformed and Informed Death Penalty Opinions. (with Robert Bohm). Journal of Criminal Justice 22(2): 125-134 (1994).
- The Higher Education Dilemma for the Private Security Professional: Delivery Methodologies and Core Curriculum from the Practitioner's Perspective. (with Harvey Morley and Brenda Huegel). Security Journal4(3): 121-127 (1993).
- Knowledge of Death Penalty Opinions: A Panel Study (with Robert Bohm and Albert Maisto). Journal of Criminal Justice 21(1): 29-45 (1993).
- Handgun Ownership and Religion Factor: Evidence New And Old. (with Robert E. Little). Journal of Applied Social Psychology 22(23): 1871-1877 (1992).
- Educational Experiences And Death Penalty Opinions: Stimuli That Produce Changes. (with Robert Bohm). Journal of Criminal Justice Education 2(1): 69-80 (1991).
- Prison Gang Development: A Theoretical Model. (with Robert Fong and Salvador Buentello). The Prison Journal LXXI(2): 3-14 (1991).
- Accreditation And The State of North Carolina: The Revitalization of National Standards. American Journal of Criminal Justice 13(1): 40‑48 (1988).
- Effects of Prostitution: An Urban Population Responds. (with Reed Adams). American Journal of Criminal Justice 11(1): 1‑10 (1986).
- Perceptual Foundations of Deterrence: The Case of Prostitution. (with Reed Adams). American Journal of Criminal Justice 10(2): 131‑139 (1986).
- The Effectiveness of A Handgun Safety Education Program. (with Charles W. Dean). Journal of Police Science and Administration 14(3): 242‑249 (1986).
- Nonresponse: A Crippling Bias In Survey Research. (with Reed Adams). International Journal of Applied and Comparative Criminal Justice 8(1): 127‑133 (1984).
- Student Attitudes of The Ku Klux Klan, American Nazi Party, and Communist Worker's Party. (with David Hirschel). Southern Journal of Criminal Justice 7:162‑183 (1984).
- Keeping Faith: Roles And Problems Of Counselors In Prison Settings. (with Peter Scharf & M. Dindinger). The Counseling Psychologist 11(2): 35‑40 (1983).
- Police Professionalism. (with Stephen E. Brown). Journal of Crime and Justice 6:17‑37 (1983).
- Police Professionalism: A Longitudinal Cohort Study. (with Reed Adams). Journal of Police Science and Administration 11(4): 474‑484 (1983).
- Delinquent Self‑concepts In Juvenile Correctional Programs: Implications For Program Design And Evaluation. (with Stephen E. Brown). Journal of Offender Counseling Services and Rehabilitation 7(2): 45‑56 (1982).
- International Education: A Local Linkage Approach. (with Paul Masters). International Studies Notes 3-4: 7‑12 (1980‑81).
- Competency‑based Education: An Alternative for Criminal Justice Education. (with Janice M. Gamache). Southern Journal of Criminal Justice 6(1): 81‑95 (1981).
- Deinstitutionalization's Throwaways: A Juvenile Prison In Massachusetts. (with Edward Thibault). Crime and Delinquency 7: 468‑476 (1981).