Maki, Mitchell T.
Title: Vice Provost, Academic Affairs
Department: Division of Academic Affairs
Office: WH D-440
Phone Extension: x3307
Email Username: mmaki
Show All Books Book Chapters Book Reviews Journal Articles Published Oral Histories Grants Awarded, Contracts, and Fund Raising Awards Book Awards Selected Presentations - Invited* Selected Presentations - Moderated Panels* Keynote Addresses and Opening Remarks Trainings and Workshops Fellowships and Delegations Special Events Boards and Councils
- Maki, M. and Kitano, H.L.(2002). “Counseling Asian Americans.” In P. Pedersen, J.Draguns, W. Lonner, and J. Trimble (Eds). Counseling Across Cultures , Fifth Edition, Sage Publications.
- Maki, M. (1999). “Civil Liberties Act of 1988.” In Waldo E. Martin, Jr. and Patricia Sullivan(Eds.) Civil Rights in the United States . New York : Macmillan Reference USA.
- Maki, M. (1998). “Japanese Americans.” Encyclopedia of American Immigrant Cultures. Macmillan Publishing USA , New York.
- Maki, M. (1997) “Is a Pluralistic Multicultural Approach to Practice Preferable to Acculturation or Assimilation Approaches? Yes.” In D. De Anda (Ed.) Controversial Issues in Multiculturalism. Allyn and Bacon Publishers, Massachusetts .
- Maki, M. (1996). “The Effects of Redress Payments on the Japanese American Elderly.” Proceedings of the Fifth Asia/Oceania Regional Congress of Gerontology , Volume 10 (Supplement) Hong Kong , 303-306.
- Kitano, H.L., and Maki, M. (1996). “ Continuity, change, and diversity: Counseling Asian Americans.” In P. Pedersen, J. Draguns, W. Lonner , and J. Trimble (Eds). Counseling Across Cultures, Fourth Edition, Sage Publications.