Kelli Beard, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Teacher Education
Department: Teacher Education
Office: COE 1457
Phone Extension: x2832
Email Username: kbeard
Refereed Journal Articles
- Webb-Johnson, G. C., Green, T., & Beard, K. (2008). Eradicating the fast and furious track to special education: Culturally responsive pre-referral strategies for African American learners. The National Journal of Urban Education and Practice, 3(2), 69-82.
- Webb-Johnson, G. C., Green, T., & Beard, K. (in press, 2006). Eradicating the fast and furious track to special education: Culturally responsive pre-referral strategies for African American learners. Special Issue on Urban Special Education, E-Journal for Teaching in Diverse SettingsBeard, K. & Sugai, G. (2004). First Step to Success: An early intervention for elementary children at risk for antisocial behavior. Behavioral Disorders, 29(4), 396-409.
- Anderson, M., Beard, K., Delgado, B., Kea, C. D., Raymond, E. B., Singh, N. N., Sugai, G., Townsend, B. L., Voltz, D., & Webb-Johnson, G., (Winter 2003). Excerpts from working with culturally and linguistically diverse children, youth and their families: Promising practices in assessment, instruction, and personnel. Beyond Behavior, 12(2), 12-16.
- Beard, K. & Branch, A. (2001). Student diversity revisited: Is this part of the planning? Council for Children with Behavior Disorders Forum.
- Golly, A., Sprague, J., Walker, H., Beard, K., & Gorham, G. (2000). The first step to success program: An analysis of outcomes with identical twins across multiple baselines. Behavioral Disorders, 25(3), 170-182.
- Colvin, G., Tobin, T., Beard, K., Hagan, S., & Sprague, J. (1998). The school bully: Assessing the problem, developing interventions, and future research directions, Journal of Behavioral Education, 8(3), 293-319.