Greg Williams, MFA
Title: Director, Archives and Special Collections
Department: University Library
Office: LIB G-141
Phone Extension: x3013
Email Username: gwilliams
Selected Presentations and Exhibitions
- Exhibition Curator, “Olympic Velodrome at CSUDH: An Olympic Tradition, 1984-2004.” CSUDH/Home Depot Center: ADT Events Center , 2004. (Velodrome in CSUDH Digital Collections)
- Conference Presentation, “Jump Starting an Archives: the CSUDH Experience,” Society of California Archivists, May 2007.
- Community Presentation, “CSUDH History Collection,” Questing Heirs Genealogy Group, Long Beach, 2006.
- Community Presentation, “History of the San Diego Historical Society Photo Collection,” Darkroomers Photo Club, 2003.
- Exhibition Curator, “Filming San Diego: Hollywood 's Backlot, 1898-2002,” San Diego Historical Society, 2002-2004. After a two and one-half year run this exhibit was reassembled and traveled to the San Diego County Fair in June-July, 2005. Estimated foot traffic at the Fair was one million visitors.
- Exhibition Programming, 20+ slide shows, talks, television appearances, panel discussions, film showings, and curator tours for Filming San Diego: Hollywood's Backlot , 2002-2003.
- Film Presentations. Supplied research and assisted with production of two films and 4 interactive kiosks for Filming San Diego : “ San Diego 's Silent Film Era” (9 minutes produced by KPBS) and “Filming San Diego ” (22 minutes) narrated by Cliff Robertson, and produced by Four Square Productions. This film won a local American Marketing Association (AMY) award.
- Exhibition Curator, “Faces of San Diego .” Collaborative Exhibition with the San Diego Historical Society and Mesa College , Fall 2000.
- Exhibition Curator, “Weird San Diego: America 's Finest Oddities.” San Diego Historical Society, May 2000-Feb. 2001.
- Exhibition Curator, “Antony di Gesu: A Retrospective: Portraits East and West.” San Diego Historical Society, 1999
- Exhibition Curator, “San Diego : All in a Day's Work,” San Diego Historical Society, August 1998-Dec. 1999.
- Exhibition Curator, New Jersey Works,” New Jersey Historical Society, Jan. 1997.
- Invited Presentation, "Consumers' Research Attempts to Destroy Consumers Union ." Consumers Reports Headquarters, Yonkers , N.Y. October 1994.
- Exhibition Curator, “Buyer Beware, Consumers' Research and the Consumers Movement,” 1926-1980. Rutgers University Libraries, 1995.
- Exhibition Presentation. "Buyer Beware," Rutgers University , 1995.