John Thomlinson, Ph.D
Title: Profeesor and department Chair, Biology
Office: NSM A-141
Phone Extension: x3381
Email Username: jthomlinson
- Thomlinson, J. R. 2006. Changes in the landscape of Puerto Rico following agricultural abandonment: what lessons can we learn about the future of the Neotropics? Pacific Coast Council on Latin American Studies, Carson, CA, November 4-5, 2006.
- Thomlinson, J. R. and J.A. Barone. 2005. Analyzing Tropical Forest Communities using Remotely Sensed Data. Association for Tropical Biology and Conservation, Uberlandia, Brazil, July 25-29, 2005.
- Thomlinson, J.R. 2005. Patterns of land-use change in Puerto Rico: What lessons can we learn about the future of the tropics? Symposium on tropical land-use change, Xishuangbanna Tropical Botanic Garden, Yunnan, China, July 19-22, 2005.
- Thomlinson, J.R. 2005. Development Threats to the Northeastern Ecological Corridor of Puerto Rico: How GIS can be used to inform public policy. Simposio organizado por el Smithsonian Conservation Research Center: Uso de Sistemas de Información Geográficos en Ecología Aplicada y Conservación, May 28, 2005.
- Thomlinson, J. R., J. Thompson, and N. Brokaw. 2002. Exploration of relative tree species density in the Luquillo Forest Dynamics Plot, Puerto Rico. Association for Tropical Biology, Panama City, Panama, July 29-Aug 2, 2002.
- Thomlinson, J. R. 2000. Patrones de desarrollo en el noreste de Puerto Rico. Invited speaker, 17o Simposio de Ecología Isleña, Universidad Interamericana, San Juan, Puerto Rico, October 27.
- Thomlinson, J. R. 2000. Issues of scale in land-cover classification. Invited participant in CIAT workshop: Scale in Decision Making for Ecoregional Development, San Jose, Costa Rica, July 4-6.