Angela Albright, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Dean, College of Health and Human Services
Department: College of Health and Human Services
Office: WH A-310K
Phone Extension: x2047
Email Username: aalbright
- Albright, A., Ghebreyohannes, G., Ghebrezgabiher, A. Solomon, I., Abraha, K., Wahid, T. (June 2007). Report and Recommendations of the Nursing Education Working Group, Oratta Health Sciences University, Asmara, Eritrea
- Albright, A., Fox, S. (May 2007). Planning for Nursing Education in Eritrea. Presentation to the Ministry of Health, Asmara, Eritrea
- Burns, G., Albright, A. (March 2007) Curriculum Design: The ADDIE Model. 12 hour workshop for the College of Nursing and Health Science, Asmara, Eritrea
- Albright, A., Fox, S., Hanson Smith, B. (May 2006) Student-Centered Teaching and Learning. Two week workshop for the College of Nursing and Health Science, Asmara, Eritrea.
- Peyton, C. & Albright, A. (October 19, 2005) The Occupational Therapy Clinical Doctorate: Preparing 21st Century Practitioners, 2005 Association of Schools of Allied Health Professions Annual Conference, Houston, Texas
- Albright, A. (June 13, 2003) A Model for Quality Improvement for Teen Depression in Primary Care National Conference on Children and Adolescents: Linking Service Systems for Mental Health, University of Maryland School of Nursing, Baltimore.
- Shea, C., & Albright, A. (October 8. 2002) Professional Socialization: Virtually Impossible in Courses on the web? American Psychiatric Nurses Association Annual Conference, Dallas, TX
- OíConnor, K., Albright, A., Shea, C. (February 22, 2002) Living the New Paradigm: MSN Students in the Nurse Educator Role. American Association of Colleges of Nursing Masterís Education Conference, Amelia Island, FL.
- Albright, A., McClane, K., Morse, G., Shea, C., Welch, R. (April 23, 2001) Distance Education from Start to Finish, Presetation at the California State University Institute of Teaching and Learning Conference: Application of Instructional Technology in the Nursing Programs.
- Asarnow, J.R., Jaycox, L., Rea, M., LaBorde, A., Carlson, G., Albright, A., Zima, B., McGrath,E., Kim, E., G. Collins, Wells, K. (October 2000) Quality improvement for depression among adolescents in primary care. Paper presented at the annual meeting of the American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry. New York, New York.
- Albright, A., Depression in Adolescents, (October, 2000) Presentation to the Los Angeles Chapter, American Association of Ambulatory Care Nurses, Long Beach, CA
- Detecting Depression in Ambulatory Care, (Oct. 6, 1999) Presentation to the Los Angeles Chapter, American Association of Ambulatory CareNurses, Long Beach, CA
- Follow Up of Depressed Children, UCLA Nursing Research Conference, May 20, 1998 Depression in Children: A Follow Up Study, Vulnerable Populations Symposium, Western Institute of Nursing, Phoenix, May 8, 1998.
- Albright, A. (May 26, 1995) Knowledge about risk factors: Psychiatrists and Psychologists, Poster Presentation, American Association of Suicidology Annual Conference, Phoenix, AZ.
- Albright, A. & King, B.( July 9, 1993) "Parenting During the College Years" Presentation at the University of Southern California, Fall Student and Parent Orientation.
- Albright. A., "Suicide Assessment and Intervention" University of Southern California Student Health Advocates, September 22, 1993
- "Helping Skills for Resident Advisors" University of Southern California Resident Advisor Orientation, August 1992
- "Stress and the College Student" University of Southern California Freshman Orientation, August, 1992
- "The Statewide Nursing Program: A Model of Success in Applying Adult Learning Theory" Poster session presentation, Medical College of Virginia, RN to BSN Education Conference,October, 1991.
- "Postpartum Stress". Moms Helping Moms support group, Long Beach Community Hospital, May, 1989.
- "Baccalaureate Education in Nursing," Golden West College, El Camino College, Long Beach City College, each spring and fall, 1987-1990
- "Trends in Nursing Education: RN Baccalaureate Programs" to graduating class, ADN program, Cypress College, December 8, 1986
- "Self Care through Nurturing Relationships," Long Beach City College Child Study Center October, 1986
- "Breast-feeding," call-in show, Doctor Talk, KTOP Radio, Topeka, Kansas, July 23, 1986
- "Breast-feeding: A Practical Guide," Topeka Area Pediatric Nurses Association, July 22, 1986
- "Depression in Children," Long Beach City College Child Study Center April 30, 1985
- "You and Your New Baby: The First Three Days," live Long Beach Cable Television Show, Long Beach Parent, November 19, 1985
- "Breast-feeding Update," Workshop for Maternal Nursing Staff, St. Mary's Medical Center, Long Beach, November 1,1985
- "Setting Your Wellness Goal," Seminar presented at Focus on the Future, Annual Spring Conference of the California Scholarship Federation CSULB, April 27, 1985
- "Theory of Groups," Presentation to Psychiatric Center, Memorial Medical Center of Long Beach, August 1982
- "Assertiveness," Workshop held for Memorial Medical Center of Long Beach, "Contracting With Yourself: The Latest Techniques in Stress Management," Presentation to the American Marketing Association, Los Angeles, California, April 1982
- "Childhood Depression," Presentation made to the Second Annual Southern California Regional NAPNAP Seminar, Up With Children, Pediatric Nurse Practitioner Focus on Children and Youth, co-sponsored by NAPNAP, Los Angeles, San Diego, Inland Empire andC.S.N.O, June 8, 1980
- Brady, M., Child, A., Murphy, C., Nelms, B., Rhyne, M.,"Identification of Depression in Childhood: Development of a Clinical Assessment Tool," Education in Nursing, Thirteenth Annual Conference for Communicating Nursing Research, Los Angeles May 1980.
- "Multifamily Therapy," Presentation made to Psychiatric Center, Memorial Medical Center of Long Beach, March 1980
- Brady, M., Child, A., Murphy, C., Nelms, B., Rhyne, M., "Depression in Children," Poster Session Presentation, Nursing Research Colloquium, Research in the Clinical Setting, CSULB, November 12,1980.