Marek A. Suchenek, Ph.D.
Title: Professor, Department of Computer Science
Department: Computer Science
Office: NSM A-131
Phone Extension: x2068
Email Username: suchenek
- "Complete Non-monotonic Autoepistemic Logic" presented at Logic in Hungary , Budapest , Hungary , August 5 - 10, 2005
- "On Asymptotic Computability" presented at Computer Science and Mathematics Seminar, California State University Dominguez Hills, Carson , California , Fall 2004
- "On Asymptotic Decidability of Some Problems Related to Artificial Intelligence" presented at AMS 2003 Spring Western Section Meeting , Special Session on Beyond Classical Boundaries of Computability III, San Francisco, CA, May 3-4, 2003.
- "Kripke Semantics for Nonmonotonic Modal Logic" presented at Joint Computer Science and Mathematics Seminar, California State University Dominguez Hills, Carson , California , October 14, 2002
- "Nonmonotonic Logic of Public Knowledge in Distributed Systems" presented at the Institute for Computer Science Seminar, Warsaw University of Technology, Warsaw , Poland , June 7, 2000.
- "Nonmonotonic Logic for Reasoning from Ignorance" presented at the Institute of Foundations of Computer Science Seminar, Polish Academy of Sciences, Warsaw , Poland , December 9, 1999.
- "Graph Semantics vs. Tree Semantics for Common Knowledge in Distributed Systems" presented at the Southeastern Int'l Conference on Combinatorics, Graph Theory, and Computing , Boca Raton , Florida , March 3 - 7, 1997.
- "Indefinite Models and Parallel Positive Resolution for Disjunctive Stratified Logic Programs" , presented at the International Workshop on Nonmonotonic Reasoning , Timberline, Oregon , June 9 - 12, 1996, also in the Proceedings of the Workshop, pp 123-131.
- "Preservation Properties in Nonmonotonic Logics" , presented at UCLA Logic Colloquium , Los Angeles , California , April 22, 1994.
- "Alternative Computations of Minimal Consequences in Indefinite Deductive Data Bases" , presented at Workshop on Structural Complexity and Recursion-theoretic Methods in Logic Programming , International Symposium on Logic Programming, Vancouver , British Columbia , October 29, 1993.
- "Calculating Kripke models for distributed systems" (co-author: Henrietta Okeke), presented at 3rd Annual Artificial Intelligence Symposium, Long Beach, California, June 18 - 19, 1992, also in Proceedings of the 3rd Annual Artificial Intelligence Symposium , California State University (1992), pp 69-78.
- "On Applications of Model-Theoretic Forcing to the Theory of Minimal Models" , presented at UCLA Logic Colloquium , Los Angeles , California , May 22, 1992.
- "Sieves of Eratosthenes, Kripke Models, and Distributed Knowledge Bases", an invited address , presented at 3rd Annual Ulam Mathematics Conference , West Palm Beach , Florida , March 19 - 20, 1992.
- "On reasoning from closed world data bases with disjunctive views" (co-author: Rajshekhar Sunderraman), presented at Workshop on Logic Programming and Nonmonotonic Logic, Austin, Texas, November 1 - 2, 1990, also in Proceedings of the Workshop on Logic Programming and Nonmonotonic Logic , North American Conference on Logic Programming (1990), pp 132-149.
- "Homomorphisms in Semantics of Deductive Data Bases" , presented at Conference on Algebraic Logic in Honor of Don Monk , Boulder , Colorado , May 28 - June 1, 1990.
- "A Syntactic Characterization of Transitive Closures" , presented at The Inaugural Conference of the Ulam Quarterly , West Palm Beach , Florida , February 17 - 19, 1990.
- "Software diagnosing in circumstances of incomplete information", presented at XV AIAA Technologyfest , Wichita , Kansas , November 10 - 12, 1988.
- "Negation as sure failure", presented at Workshop on Categorical Aspects of Data Flow Analysis , Manhattan , Kansas , May 23 - 26, 1988.
- "On generalizations of the closed world assumption in deductive data bases", presented at Fourth Southeastern Logic Symposium , Columbia , South Carolina , March 24 - 25, 1988.
- "Forcing in Artificial Intelligence", presented at the Third Southeastern Logic Symposium , Charleston , South Carolina , March 7, 1987.
- "Non-monotonic derivations which preserve pragmatic truth", presented at International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, Knoxville, Tennessee, October 1996, also in Proceedings of the ACM SIGART International Symposium on Methodologies for Intelligent Systems, Colloquia Program , Zemankova M., Emrich M. L. (editors), ORNL-6362 (Oak Ridge National Laboratory 1987), pp 69-74.
- "On asymptotic decidability of model-theoretic forcing", presented at Fourth Hungarian Computer Science Conference , Györ , Hungary , July 8 - 10, 1985.
- "Gamma-meaningful theories vs. partial correctness of programs", presented at Colloquium on Computation Theory , Pozna , Poland , June 25 - 29, 1984.
- "Forcing treatment of incomplete information in databases", presented at International Symposium on Model Theory in Foundations of Computer Science , Budapest , Hungary , September 10 - 14, 1984.
- "Compactness problems in defining semantics", short communication at International Congress of Mathematicians , Section I: Mathematical Logic and the Foundations of mathematics, Warsaw , Poland , August 16 - 24, 1983.