Carl D. Sneed, Ph.D.
Title: Assistant Professor, Psychology
Office: SBS A-329
Phone Extension: x3463
Email Username: csneed
Refereed Journal Articles
- Sneed, C.D., Strachman, A., Nguyen, C. & Morisky, D.E. (2007). "The Influence of parental monitoring and communication on adolescents' sexual behavior and intentions," Vulnerable Children and Youth Studies, 4, no. 1, (2009): 37-47
- Sneed, C.D. (2007). Parent-Adolescent communication about sex: the impact of content and comfort on adolescent sexual behavior, Journal of HIV/AIDS Prevention in Children and Youth, 2008, Vol. 9 Issue 1, p70-83.
- Kinsler, J., Sneed, C.D., & Morisky, D.E. (2004). Evaluation of a school-based intervention for HIV/AIDS prevention among Belizean adolescents. Health Education Research, 19, 730-738.
- Sneed, C.D., Morisky, D.E., Rotheram-Borus, M.J., Lee, S.J., & Ebin, V.J. (2004). Indices of lifetime polydrug use among adolescents. Journal of Adolescence, 27, 239-249.
- Flannery, P.W., Sneed, C.D. & Marsh, P. (2003). Toward an Empirical Taxonomy of Suicide: A Cluster Analysis of the Youth Risk Behavior Survey. Suicide and Life Threatening Behaviors, 33, 365-372.
- Kinsler, J., Sneed, C.D., & Morisky, D.E. (2003). Letter to the editor: The application of psychosocial factors to HIV risk among Belizean adolescents. Journal of Adolescent Health, 32, 3-4.
- Sneed, C.D., Gullone, E., & Moore, S. (2002). Reliability and Factor Structure of the NEO-Five Factor Index for Australian Adolescents. Behaviour Change, 19, 121-126.
- Morisky D.E, Ang, A. & Sneed, C.D. (2002). Validating the Effects of Social Desirability on Self-Reported Condom Use Behavior Among Commercial Sex Workers. AIDS Education and Prevention, 14, 351-360.
- Sneed, C.D. (2002). Correlates and implications for agreeableness in early childhood. Journal of Psychology, 136, 59-67.
- Park, I.U, Sneed, C.D., Morisky, D.E., Alvear, S., & Hearst, N. (2002). Correlates of HIV risk among Ecuadorian adolescents. AIDS Education and Prevention, 14, 73-83.
- Morisky, D.E., Stein, J.A. & Sneed, C.D. (2002). Modeling personal and situational influences of condom use among establishment based commercial sex workers. AIDS and Behavior, 6, 163-172.
- Sneed, C.D., Chin, D., Rotheram-Borus, M.J., Milburn, N.G., Murphy, D.A., Corby, N., & Fahey, J. (2001). Test-retest reliability for self-reports of sexual behavior among Thai and Korean respondents. AIDS Education and Prevention, 13, 302-310.
- Sneed, C.D., Morisky, D.E., Rotheram-Borus, M.J., Ebin, V., Malotte, C.K., Lyde, M., & Gill, J.K. (2001). “Don’t know” and “didn’t think of it”: Condom use at first intercourse by Latino adolescents. AIDS Care, 13, 303-308.
- Sneed, C.D., Morisky, D.E., Rotheram-Borus, M.J., Ebin, V.J. & Malotte, C.K. (2001). Patterns of adolescent alcohol, cigarette, and marijuana use. Addictive Behaviors, 26, 415-423.
- Ebin, V.J., Sneed, C.D., Morisky, D.E., Rotheram-Borus, M.J., Magnusson, A.M., & Malotte, C.K. (2001). Acculturation and interrelationships between problem and health-promoting behaviors. Journal of Adolescent Health, 28, 62-72.
- Sneed, C.D. & Morisky, D.E. (1998). Applying the theory of reasoned action to condom use among Filipina sex workers. Social Behavior and Personality, 26, 317-328.
- Morisky, D.E., Tiglao, T.V., Sneed, C.D. (1998). The effects of establishment practices, knowledge and attitudes on condom use among Filipina sex workers. AIDS Care, 10, 213-220.
- Sneed, C.D., McCrae, R.R. & Funder, D.C. (1998). Lay conceptions of the five factor model and its indicators. Personality and Social Psychological Bulletin, 24, 115-126.
- Funder, D. C. & Sneed, C. D. (1993). Behavioral manifestations of personality: An ecological approach to judgmental accuracy. Journal of Personality and Social Psychology, 64, 479-490.
- Sneed, C. D. & Runco, M. (1992). The beliefs adults and children hold about television and video games. Journal of Psychology, 126, 273-284.