Tayyeb Shabbir, Ph.D.
Title: Associate Professor, Finance and Quantitative Methods
Department: Finance and Quantitative Methods
Office: SBS C-314
Phone Extension: x3578
Email Username: tshabbir
Refereed Journal Articles
- "Gender Earnings Differentials in Academia: An Update and Some New Findings", Journal of Business and Economic Perspectives, 2006
- "Are there Radical Discrimination in Faculty Salaries?", Journal of Economics and Finance, 2005
- "Investment, Growth and Productivity During the East Asian Financial Crisis", Recent Financial Crises: Analytical Issues and Lessons to be Learned, Month 12, coauthor(s): F. Gerard Adams, 2005.
- "East Asia before and after the Financial Crisis of 1997-98: A Retrospective Essay", Recent Financial Crises: Analytical Issues and Lessons to be Learned, Month 12, coauthor(s): Lawrence Klein, 2005.
- "Prediction of Financial Vulnerability: Case of Turkey", Review of Middle East Economics and Finance, 2(2), coauthor(s): Roberto Mariano, B. Gultekin, S. Ozmucur, E. Amre Alper, 2004.
- "Markov Chains in Predictive Models of Currency Crisis-with Application to Southeast Asia", Taiwan Economic Review, 31, coauthor(s): Roberto Mariano, B. Gultekin, A. Abiad, A. H. H. Tan, 2003.
- "Predictive Models of Economic and Financial Crises", MEEA Electronic Journal, 2, coauthor(s): Roberto Mariano, B. Gultekin, S. Ozmucur, 2000.
- "Analyzing the link between Financial Intermediation and Growth", The Pakistan Development Review, 1998.
- "The Relationship between Growth and Financial Markets: Some Outstanding Theoretical Issues", Choice, Growth and Development: Essays in Honor of Jose Encarnacion, coauthor(s): Roberto Mariano, 1996.