Sharon Russell, Ph.D.
Title: Acting Associate Dean, College of Education
Department: College of Education
Office: COE 1490
Phone Extension: x3510
Email Username: srussell
- Guest Editor. An Omnibus Review of Reform in Teacher Education: California Five Years after the SB 2042 Reforms: Issues in Teacher Education. A special theme volume, Spring 2006.
- “Reforming Urban Teacher Education: SB 2042 Implementation Five Years Later,” Issues in Teacher Education, Spring 2006.
- Cook L., D. Simmons, S.E. Russell, and V. McCloyn. (1999) Secondary Pedagogy for Preinterns. Sacramento: California Commission on Teacher Credentialing.
- “Specially Designed Instruction in English,” in Second Language Literacy Training Manual, published by ARCO-LAAMP, 1999.
- “Strategies for 4th-8th Grade” in First 30 Days & Beyond: ELD/ESL Strategies for Structured/Sheltered English Immersion Program, published by the Santa Clara County Office of Education, San Jose, CA, August 1998.
- Yee Wan and Sharon Russell, “Using Sheltered Instruction from a Multicultural Perspective,” Proceedings of the National Association for Multicultural Education (NAME) Conference, 1997.
- "Sheltered Instruction + Constructivist Pedagogy = Best Practice for Second Language Learners," California Literature Project Calendar, September 1995.
- "Sheltered Content Reading Instruction," Second Language Learning, International Reading Association, September 1995.
- "Language and Culture across the Curriculum," Minnesota Language Journal, Vol. I, No. 2 (Spring 1987).