Laura Robles, Ph .D.
Title: Dean for Graduate Studies and Research
Office: WH A-450
Phone Extension: x3693
Email Username: lrobles
- Principal Investigator/Program Director (1986 begin as PD),NIH/NIGMS Minority Biomedical Research Support (RISE/SCORE), R25 GM62252/S06 GM08156 ( example: 2001-05 RISE/SCORE funding exceeded ~$2 million/yr for each of 4 years), 1980 - present.
- NIH/NIGMS/MBRS Supplements for Laboratory Renovation, Supplement for Information Technology, RISE Equipment Supplement, 2 SCORE Equipment Supplements (~$500,000), 1987 - 2003.
- Project Director, NIH/NCRR/Research Infrastructure in Minority Institutions Planning Grant (This grant established the research training infrastructure in the College of Arts and Sciences that included a long term Memorandum of Understanding with Harbor-UCLA Research and Education Institute), 1996.
- Sally Casanova Research and Creative Activity Award, 1995.
- NSF RUI Grant, IBN 9221632, Retinoid Storage/Retina Substructure in Octopus (~$170,000 to support my research projects) , 1993 - 1994.
- NSF RUI Grant, BNS 8919743, Retinoid Uptake/Retina Substructure in Octopus(~170,000/yr to support my research projects) , 1990 - 1993.
- NIH/National Eye Institute Grant, VSN 1 RO3EY07662-01, Retinoid Uptake by the Lacrimal Gland (pilot grant ~$50,000) , 1988 - 1990.
- CSUDH Educational Equity Award , 1986.
- National Science Foundation Research Improvement in Minority Institutions Grant (RIMI) ($300,000 to purchase electron microscope, research light microscope and other equipment for microscopy), 1985 - 1988.
- CSUDH Foundation Research Award, 1984, 1985.
- CSUDH Affirmative Action Faculty Development Awards, 1978 - 1985.
- University Fellowship, University of California , Santa Barbara (Covered tuition expenses and modest living allowance during the 2 nd and 3 rd years of my doctoral education), 1974 - 1975