Sharon M. Raphael, Ph.D.
Title: Professor Emeritus of Sociology
Office: WH G 330-G
Email Username: sraphael
Recent Grants and Grant Proposals
- Grant Award to CSUDH Faculty Development Office applying community service learning objectives to Beh. 569 01 Internship in Gerontology Course, Dec. 2000.
- Grant Proposal CSUDH. “Teamwork on Elder Abuse”. submitted to AARP Andrus Foundation. Principal Investigators, Mary Cruise and Sharon Raphael. Sept. 1995.
- Funded Grant CSUDH “Team Teaching Computer Project” submitted to and funded by Faculty Development Office. Spring, 1997. Principal nvestigators: Jeanne Curran, Sharon Raphael, and Robert Christie.
- OmniLore Grant from Extended Education at CSUDH to be given yearly in the amount of $500.00 to an exceptional student in Behavioral Science Gerontology Option. OmniLore is a self-study peer-directed group of retired persons taking special courses through extended education. started 1997 - present
- Worked on proposal with Dr. Edith Neumann on research project for the Medical Education Project of Gardena on an evaluation project and research study on the effects of pharmaceutical drugs and their interactive or overuse effects on the elderly. Sponsor of study is Director of the MEDED Program, Ms. Debby LeVan, M.A. Will receive course off Fall semester to conduct the study. The results of work will produce two different documents, one an evaluatin of program and the other results of survey .