Sharon M. Raphael, Ph.D.
Title: Professor Emeritus of Sociology
Office: WH G 330-G
Email Username: sraphael
- Book Review for Journal of Social Work , published Fall/Winter 2005 on Gay and Lesbian Aging : Research and Future Directions , Editors, Gilbert Herdt and Brian de Vries, 2004.
- "Lesbian Relationship Support Patterns: An Anecdotal Chronology 1971-1997, Chapter for Book on Lesbian Family and Friendship Networks Editor Marcy Adelman, Haworth Press, 2000.
- “Family Support Patterns for Mid-life Lesbians: Recollections of a Lesbian couple 1971-97,” Journal of Gay and Lesbian Social Services. Vol. 11 2/3/2000.
- Consulted about ideas for article and quoted on p.36 in article titled“The New Compassion” by David France featured in Modern Maturity , magazine, a publication oƒ the American Association of Retired Persons the May/June issue, 1997. The article focuses on the issue of nontraditional families and caregiving.
- "Old Lesbians Seizing the Moment, Changing their World”, Chapter. Lambda Gray. A Practical, Emotional and Spiritual Guide for Gay and Lesbians Who Are Growing Older . Newcastle, Hollywood, Ca. 1993. Co-authored with Mina K. Meyer, M.A.
- Book Review on Women Like Us . New York University Press. June, 1992.
- Article Review on "Expectations of Gay Men and Lesbian Adults As They Age," for The Gerontologist, Publication of the Gerontological Society of America. Washington D.C. 1990.
- “NALGG's Birth in 1978”, in Making A Difference, Newsletter of The National Association for Lesbian and Gay Gerontology, San Francisco, Fall, 1990.
- "The Old Lesbian: Some Observations Ten Years Later” Chapter The Sourcebook on Lesbian/Gay Health Care , (second edition) National Lesbian and Gay Health Foundation Inc., Washington D.C. 1988. Co-authored with Mina K. Robinson, M.A.
- Report on the Public Hearings: The Aids Response in the County of Los Angeles, Feb.16,1987. W. Hollywood, Los Angeles AIDS Hospice Committee, L.A. 1987.
- Bibliography on Lesbian and Gay Aging, National Association for Lesbian and Gay Gerontology, San Francisco, 1984. T. Darty and S. Potter (Ed.) Women Identified Women. Palo Alto: Mayfield Publishing, 1984, p.67-82. Co-authored with Mina K. Robinson, M.A.
- “The Older Lesbian:Love Relationships and Friendship Patterns” in T. Darty and S. Potter (Ed.) Women Identified Women. Palo Alto: Mayfield Publishing, 1984, p.67-82. Co-authored with Mina K. Robinson, M.A.
- “Focus on Lesbian and Gay Aging”, The Association for Gerontology in Higher Education Newsletter, Spring/Summer, 1982, Vol. 5, No.2, p.5-8.
- "Lesbians and Gay Men in Later LIfe," Generations. Journal of The American Society on Aging. San Francisco, Fall, 1981
- “The Older Lesbian: Love Relationships and Friendship Patterns.” , Sage Publications, May, 1980 Vol.3, No.2:207-229. Co-authored with Mina K. Robinson, M.A.